Bull BFG auger motor in the RT-700. It's awesome!

The fan for this auger just slides off and on. You can adjust the depth. I was able to get it mostly noise free and Im sure if I opened it back up I could get rid of what little remains, but it happens so rarely, I dont think its worth it.
Are you still happy with it?

Anyone know if Savannah Stoker is ever going to get 2.5 motor back in stock? I think I first read this thread last November and I've been checking and haven't seen in back in stock? I did just email them the other day but haven't heard back yet.

i would love to put the 2.5 in my Bull. Even though I have a Bullseye, it still would be nice and would be worth the $100 in my opinion.

Anyone know if Savannah Stoker is ever going to get 2.5 motor back in stock? I think I first read this thread last November and I've been checking and haven't seen in back in stock? I did just email them the other day but haven't heard back yet.

i would love to put the 2.5 in my Bull. Even though I have a Bullseye, it still would be nice and would be worth the $100 in my opinion.

If you can get your hands on a 3.0 RecTeq it works well for me. No complaints.. low & slow still good and I almost burned my house down at least once already testing the faster heat flame thrower mode.

If you can get your hands on a 3.0 RecTeq it works well for me. No complaints.. low & slow still good and I almost burned my house down at least once already testing the faster heat flame thrower mode.
I wonder if RecTeq's supply has increased and they would allow this? The RecTeq one would be preferred as it is made for the grill.

I wonder if RecTeq's supply has increased and they would allow this? The RecTeq one would be preferred as it is made for the grill.

It is worth a try to give them a call.. It does fit right in.. I think the others the hole is not in the right spot on the shaft so you have a modify things a bit like the fan blades or possibly consider a new hole. I got lucky and got one from a forum member who went in another direction with a built in unit instead of the Bull and never used it. That was after Recteq pulled them off the site. I have seen where they supplied them to folks who were not happy with the heat up time so they might if you go about it that way?

Plus @Jigsaw is pretty sure the 2.5 is not really a 2.5 :unsure:. Edit - I Think I have that right? I know there was talk about the 2.0 being 1.6.

Last edited:
i wonder if its possible to regear the factory motor? something to look into. i know mike also runs a rc forum. those guys could possibly help us find parts if its possible. something to look at. i will check my factory motor when i get time and see if its even possible

It is worth a try to give them a call.. It does fit right in.. I think the others the hole is not in the right spot on the shaft so you have a modify things a bit like the fan blades or possibly consider a new hole. I got lucky and got one from a forum member who went in another direction with a built in unit instead of the Bull and never used it. That was after Recteq pulled them off the site. I have seen where they supplied them to folks who were not happy with the heat up time so they might if you go about it that way?

Plus @Jigsaw is pretty sure the 2.5 is not really a 2.5 :unsure:. Edit - I Think I have that right? I know there was talk about the 2.0 being 1.6.
Yep, you got it right 👍

the red arrow is the electric motors input shaft from there it transfers power to two plastic gears then from there on its metal gears for the lower speed higher torque work. all the gears just slide right in and out easily including the main output shaft (blue arrow). the gears will not work in any other position, i tried to see if i could get them to fit other ways to change speeds. however if anyone has a 3d printer and is interested in making gears the first two gears are plastic and all you would have to do is make the top section of gear #1 bigger and the second gears top section smaller and she would be faster. although it’s totally possible we could find these gears pre made for really cheap
2845FB66-3C2C-45CE-8C11-27C119A7F965.jpeg

the red arrow is the electric motors input shaft from there it transfers power to two plastic gears then from there on its metal gears for the lower speed higher torque work. all the gears just slide right in and out easily including the main output shaft (blue arrow). the gears will not work in any other position, i tried to see if i could get them to fit other ways to change speeds. however if anyone has a 3d printer and is interested in making gears the first two gears are plastic and all you would have to do is make the top section of gear #1 bigger and the second gears top section smaller and she would be faster. although it’s totally possible we could find these gears pre made for really cheapView attachment 14195
I tried swapping gears from different units without success. All of these auger motors including RT are cheap China junk. My $22 2 RPM is the same guts as my RT 1.6 RPM.

Yeah, I think when it gets warmer, I'll give RecTeq a call. They have always been good to me when I've called and it's been a year at that point since the RT-1250 (no name) grill came out. I don't "need" the faster start up but I'd even be willing to pay the $99 for Savannah Stoker to get faster start-ups. Plus, I might even use the grill more. Getting the grill up to 400 in the winter where I live(Chicagoland) is like 45 minutes to an hour.

I just purchased a 3 rpm auger from Smoke Daddy via Amazon. Bolted on fine and connect easy. I did have to leave off the fan and I did cut off a quarter inch of the fan metal shaft so it would fit with the cover back on. The motor only had one hole to put the bolt and nut through. From start up to 500 degrees it took 22 minutes. Fantastic upgrade.

I posted the source for the Savannah Stoker auger several pages back. Has anyone reached out to them direct? My 2.5 is still working flawlessly. Just did a brisket and some beef ribs.

I posted the source for the Savannah Stoker auger several pages back. Has anyone reached out to them direct? My 2.5 is still working flawlessly. Just did a brisket and some beef ribs.
I reached out via email twice now and never heard back. I am wondering if they went out of business or something. Or just not updating their website. Maybe I'll try to call.

I have read most of this thread and am still not sure what to do.
I purchased the 3RPM months and months ago from RecTeq for my RT-700 but have yet to install it.
What is the consensus, should I install it or wait and try to get a 2.5 RPM?
Thanks.

I purchased the 3RPM months and months ago from RecTeq for my RT-700 but have yet to install it.
Thanks.
My understanding is the 2.5 is actually a 2.0 RPM.
This would be an improvement since your current motor is more than likely a 1.6 RPM.

Thanks.

Drop that 3RPM in.. I'm very happy with mine all around. Have not found any negative yet honestly.

Did you have to do any adjustments or plug and play?
I have mine in for awhile now and at first it will just take a little getting used to with getting steady temps from high to low since you’ll have to adjust feed rates to be able to do so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back