Bull Multiple Mods for new RT-700 plus the BFG 2500 Auger mod (not shown)

Attachments

• 61qB3hs9taL._AC_SL1200_.jpeg
    61qB3hs9taL._AC_SL1200_.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 89
Been thinking hard about this! What if you replace the stock smoke stack with this? Not perfect but you can use the sear station
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BY395S...colid=3K45DLFSGU4GF&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1
I'm not an engineer, but part of the reason the smoke flows out of the smokestack is that hot air rises and the stack is higher than the chamber so when the fan turns on there is a natural draft that occurs. Not sure you'd get the same effect or flow with that vent.

I'm not an engineer, but part of the reason the smoke flows out of the smokestack is that hot air rises and the stack is higher than the chamber so when the fan turns on there is a natural draft that occurs. Not sure you'd get the same effect or flow with that vent.
I tried it. It works fine. Behold the Frankensear. Bull was blowing out the hole like normal even when fan was off.....can't wait to finish the mods. Only reason I did this was to save deck space. Thing reaches almost 900 degrees!

Attachments

• 65687652624__68032437-B548-4644-8C6B-39D5366BFF5E.jpeg
    65687652624__68032437-B548-4644-8C6B-39D5366BFF5E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 140
I am an engineer (not bragging', just am) and it works great. See post below

Make sure to RTV the smoke stack. Mine leaked grease. Had to RTV it after-the-fact.
Hi, I'm brand new to the forum and ordering the RT-700 today. What is RTV? And do you have a link to that particular mod?

Maybe I missed it but where do you get the drip lid to put on the under hood to avoid grease dripping out? That is something I would like.

It is a aluminum threshold from like Home Depot or Lowe's. I put it in my vise and bent it more to form a curve, then screwed it on using the Bulls' horn/handle screws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back