Bull BFG auger motor in the RT-700. It's awesome!

It is worth a try to give them a call.. It does fit right in.. I think the others the hole is not in the right spot on the shaft so you have a modify things a bit like the fan blades or possibly consider a new hole. I got lucky and got one from a forum member who went in another direction with a built in unit instead of the Bull and never used it. That was after Recteq pulled them off the site. I have seen where they supplied them to folks who were not happy with the heat up time so they might if you go about it that way?

Plus @Jigsaw is pretty sure the 2.5 is not really a 2.5 :unsure:. Edit - I Think I have that right? I know there was talk about the 2.0 being 1.6.
I talked to someone I've worked with in customer service at RecTeq and they are selling me the BFG/RT-1250 auger motor :)

Once I get it in and do some testing, let you all know.

I talked to someone I've worked with in customer service at RecTeq and they are selling me the BFG/RT-1250 auger motor :)

Awesome!! Glad they are supporting you :)! Keep us posted. Good luck.

I don’t want to read 38 pages, but anyone have a 3rpm auger that fits normal without any mods?

Can they hook it up with a 1250 auger? Lol

Can they hook it up with a 1250 auger? Lol
That's what I got....if you have someone you've worked with multiple times in customer service, worth an ask. It was worth it to me. I've been very busy and haven't had a chance to put in. But when I do, I plan to change my feed rate to 1% and see how it goes.

That's what I got....if you have someone you've worked with multiple times in customer service, worth an ask. It was worth it to me. I've been very busy and haven't had a chance to put in. But when I do, I plan to change my feed rate to 1% and see how it goes.
What did you say or ask to get it?
I called in the past and gave up.
Blamed it on me foiling the drip pan
Blame it on my pellets. Pitboss, bear mountain and smokehouse pellets. Told me they recommend kingsford. That’s was complete bs. Felt like they’re pushing it on me when they’re just announced a partnership.
Told them it takes
30ish mins to 300
40ish mins to 400
About Over an hour to anything about that.
Had me change my feed rate and it didn’t do anything.

What did you say or ask to get it?
I called in the past and gave up.
Blamed it on me foiling the drip pan
Blame it on my pellets. Pitboss, bear mountain and smokehouse pellets. Told me they recommend kingsford. That’s was complete bs. Felt like they’re pushing it on me when they’re just announced a partnership.
Told them it takes
30ish mins to 300
40ish mins to 400
About Over an hour to anything about that.
Had me change my feed rate and it didn’t do anything.
I didn't complain about anything really. i just emailed the guy I've worked with numerous times and explained how I know they were not selling them shortly after the 1250 came out because of supply and making sure they had them for warranty and how it is a year later and perhaps the supply is better and can sell one to me. I figured it didn't hurt to ask. But I didn't say anything like my grill is too slow or anything like that. My grill is fine without it but I believe this will be a game changer and will make more pizzas on the grill.

So just got the bfg auger. Thanks waterboy.
Having some problems putting it in.
RT video showed a screw and pin. Mine only had a pin. Took the old auger out and not sure how to put new one back it. Nothing to connect it with.

Attachments

• 131FA83E-1C57-4750-8920-DF6C41DAE115.jpeg
    131FA83E-1C57-4750-8920-DF6C41DAE115.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • 1A60E6D8-E258-405F-A5E0-6A68193C5425.jpeg
    1A60E6D8-E258-405F-A5E0-6A68193C5425.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
So just got the bfg auger. Thanks waterboy.
Having some problems putting it in.
RT video showed a screw and pin. Mine only had a pin. Took the old auger out and not sure how to put new one back it. Nothing to connect it with.
So, you got the auger, not the motor?
Did you push the auger too far in to the grill?
May have to read the 38 pages after all :ROFLMAO:

So what did I do wrong? 😭
The auger should be extended so the motor / clip can be installed. I suspect you pushed the auger too far in.

Maybe the auger has extended in to the firepot and you can push it out.

The auger should be extended so the motor / clip can be installed. I suspect you pushed the auger too far in.

Maybe the auger has extended in to the firepot and you can push it out.
That’s exactly what I did. No idea how I did that

So I changed the aug to 20.
Just watch how it runs now? Have it running at 180 right now
It went up to 200 and settle down to 180 for little bit now. Smoking pretty good as well.

Running very smooth. Just bumping up temps every 30-40 or so. 180, 225, 250, 300, 350
Going to high temps now. VERY fast temps. Haven’t done 0- max yet. norma don’t go higher than 450 on my grill

Last edited:
Took 17 mins cold to 500.
20 mins to 550.
Turned it off after. I never run my grill this hot. Pretty stoked on it.

Grill is making some new cranking noises now after swapping augers. Is that my fault? Or new auger sounds? Don’t really remember what my 700 sounded like 2 years ago brand new.

Last edited:
After what seemed to be eternity, I finally received my long awaited Gleason Avery auger motor. Drive shaft is hardened, after two sacrificial drill bits, I went with plan B. RPMs appear to be 2.5 and works well, so far 🤞Made in the USA and heavy duty, time will tell.
GA fan.jpg

After what seemed to be eternity, I finally received my long awaited Gleason Avery auger motor. Drive shaft is hardened, after two sacrificial drill bits, I went with plan B. RPMs appear to be 2.5 and works well, so far 🤞Made in the USA and heavy duty, time will tell.
View attachment 15770

Good stuff.. looking forward to some test data. (y) 🍻

So it’s the 2.0 RPM motor, but you’ve tested it and found it to be 2.5 RPM? That’s awesome. Let us know how it works!

Just did the upgrade to the 2 rpm motor on the RT-700. . Bought the one off of Amazon for $23.99. Before upgrade: 28 minutes to 470, top temp about 540, after, 18 minutes to 470, high temp now 600. After cool down, brought the grill to 225 and it held steady. Easy cheap upgrade for significant performance enhancements!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back