Show us what you're cooking...

Trying something different today. Half with Nashville Hot rub and half with SPG/hint of mediterranean rub. Let's see how they turn out. :). Going for no-wrap this time.

ribs.jpg

After about 5 hours @ 200 and 30 minutes @ 250! It wasn't fall of the bone but very tender.
ribs2.jpg

Last edited:
Cochinita Pibil
The pork recipe is from SeriousEats, the Mexican Rice is from allrecipes.
First time for both; Once Upon a Time in Mexico is on Pluto non-stop lately, where Johnny Depp orders
Cochinita Pibil wherever he goes. It's kinda funny - took a trip to Mexico, this stuff was on the menu...
So good - had to come home and make it myself. No significant increase in cost vs regular pulled pork.
$2.50 for the pack of banana leaves. $.99 for some annato. Everything else is likely to already be in your
spice cabinet. Highly recommended - the banana leaves keep it super moist over 12 hours in the smoker , and they do add their own flavor to the meat as well.
673C7853-6494-4606-8FDA-EC19D16C9711.jpeg

F001363F-58FE-4BD5-999C-F7B0B7A15020.jpeg

5C3C351A-4C4A-4A44-A9D4-4711F8AFED2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Cochinita Pibil
First time for both; Once Upon a Time in Mexico is on Pluto non-stop lately, where Johnny Depp orders
Cochinita Pibil wherever he goes. It's kinda funny - took a trip to Mexico, this stuff was on the menu...
So good - had to come home and make it myself. No significant increase in cost vs regular pulled pork.
$2.50 for the pack of banana leaves. $.99 for some annato. Everything else is likely to already be in your
spice cabinet. Highly recommended - the banana leaves keep it super moist over 12 hours in the smoker , and they do add their own flavor to the meat as well.
View attachment 17286
View attachment 17287
View attachment 17288
Love that movie (Robert Rodriguez flicks in general). I’ve made it in the oven years ago from the Rodriguez’s recipe in the special features on the dvd. Going to have to try this on the Bull. Thanks for sharing!

Cochinita Pibil
View attachment 17286
View attachment 17287
View attachment 17288

First reverse sear on the 700. Even at 180°, the thick Prime ribeyes got to temp -10° in just over an hour, and I was about an hour ahead. Covered and left on top of the hopper lid almost an hour while the potatoes baked, then blasted on high. My MR was a little more medium, but the flavor was tremendous.
6C6917E8-E732-40F6-9DE0-2CB9CF8D302F.jpeg

1994A622-3B82-475D-907E-97A8D18269C1.jpeg

BB704536-2DFF-4342-954E-F1A7E18F8FF0.png

E37FCCB9-1AF0-4E21-A556-441F72F28DA4.jpeg

And Lucy enjoyed a little fat as well.

Did up a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the Bullseye tonight, mostly on the GrillGrates. They turned out tender, juicy and flavorful. Not my favorite part of the chicken (I’m a thigh guy) but these were really good.
8187249F-3551-4315-A5D0-F4ABF06A1559.jpeg

Anyone have any experience with a mini-brisket flat like this? I picked this up in the discount counter of Kroger, going to smoke this weekend. The marbling looks fantastic.

17D578E7-330F-41AA-B178-1A5729F24FE9.jpeg

Today I thought I'd try something different .... a Panless Meatloaf (that's no PAN ..... but it was painless too)
Mixed the Ground Sirloin with Ground Pork ( 4 to 1 )
Added an Egg, chopped Onion and Mushrooms
Salt, Pepper and Ground Garlic
Mixed that all together and let sit overnight in the Frig
Pressed out four, 4 pound Sheets
Rolled two up with a Colby/Jack Cheese Blend
One with Mozzarella and one plain (no cheese)
Wrap each into a Cooking Mat and "stitched" them closed with a Skewer

MEATSMOKER TEMPSMOKING TIMEMEAT TEMPRUBS OR SAUCESMISC INFO
Meatloaf2254 - 4.5 hours160Chopped Onion and Mushrooms, 1 Egg/4 lb, Salt, Ground Pepper and Garlic4 to 1 Beef to Pork

View attachment 13953
View attachment 13955

No Glaze, just Smoky goodness 🤗
Looks amazing!!

Tried the smoked cream cheese. Letting it stand until tomorrow. If it turns out ok I will have learned something from this one.
Looks great! I really like smoked cream cheese, but it’s a balance thing IMO. Easy to overdo the smoke flavor so that it overpowers the cheese.

Looks great! I really like smoked cream cheese, but it’s a balance thing IMO. Easy to overdo the smoke flavor so that it overpowers the cheese.
That is good to know. Hope I didn't over do. 30 mins @ 180, 30 mins @ 200, 60 mins @ 225 then off. Surface temperature was 160 F on the top side. Thermal gun reading.

I was going to show two pizzas at a time on the 1070, but the pampered chef stone didn’t like 500. The cheap stone that came in a kit survived. Anyway, first time with fresh pizza on the grill, very nice, good smoke great crust.
I think I may need a different dough, current recipe has butter- pretty black, but still very tasty.

I like to smoke the cream cheese as well but I use it in pimento cheese. It gives it a nice balance to the sharp cheddar and pimentos(grilled red peppers) used in it.

I like to smoke the cream cheese as well but I use it in pimento cheese. It gives it a nice balance to the sharp cheddar and pimentos(grilled red peppers) used in it.
I’ll have to try the smoked CC In pimento cheese. I’m one of the few people I’ve ever heard of that uses cream cheese in pimento cheese.

Pulled it from the RT-340 at 108F internal temp…

View attachment 17125

…and, moved it to the gas grill for a sear.

View attachment 17119

Pulled it from the gas grill at 130F internal temperature and rested it for 20 minutes in my insulated cooler. It came out a perfect medium rare; 135F.

View attachment 17120

Served up with a baked potato and my wife’s specialty, broccoli/grape/bacon salad, it was tasty. A glass of nice Rioja from the Basque Country of Spain was the finishing touch.
WOW!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back