Show us what you're cooking...

Mike

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Since this is a forum about grilling, figured having a thread to show of what we are or about to be cooking is in order. ;)

For this labor day weekend, I'll be doing a reverse sear on these four ribeye steaks using my Rec Tec Bull pellet grill this Saturday.

ribeye-steaks.jpg

I'm still thinking about doing a brisket, maybe on Monday using the method @Xicanoink pointed out in his introduction thread.

Oh man that looks fantastic.
The prime rib was one of the best things I've made. The pork wasn't my best work. It was still decent... I think maybe it was the meat. Just not as fatty as I would have liked.

Weather doesn't look great here this weekend, so actually might not smoke anything :oops:
Although it is almost 'chili weather' and football is back, so I probably need to stock up on left-overs to put in my chili. Ever throw your leftovers in chili? Or smoked some ground beef for it? It's pretty fantastic. Chili recipe thread anyone?

Weather doesn't look great here this weekend, so actually might not smoke anything :oops:
With the new deck now completed - we now have a roof over our heads. I've got a rack of ribs I'll be preparing this evening and putting them on early tomorrow morning.

I'm going to use the Pork & beef rub recipe that @Eddy posted.

Ever throw your leftovers in chili? Or smoked some ground beef for it? It's pretty fantastic. Chili recipe thread anyone?

Absolutely! This time of year I'll save the left over steak bits, cut them up in small squares and put that in my chili as well.

I haven't tried smoking ground beef for my chili, I might have to give that a try. When I cook chili 9/10 it's in a cast iron pot over a wood fire in my fire pit. I love chili recipes and love making it... this is my time of the year! :D

Those look good!
Looks like you sauced them. What's your sauce of choice? Or do you make your own? Buddy of mine (that got me into the RecTec) is big into making his own..... I keep thinking about it.

Sweet Baby Ray's is good. I really like Famous Dave's 'Devil Spit'
One of the best I think I ever had was an odd combination I made one time (I think because it was all I had) - it was Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce with a couple drops of Quaker Steak & Lube's 'Atomic' sauce. It was.... hard to describe :D

I've been in Myrtle Beach since Sunday and without my Rec Tec.

The food is good here, but I'm missing my grill! :D

Smoking some garlic - the girl digs it.
Chicken thighs getting thrown on later. Would post a picture, but getting that 'too large' message again. It's only a few hundred k ... @Mike what's the limit?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back