Show us what you are cooking to REPLACE eating out!

Pops

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Greetings RecTeq family. Over the last 18 months we ate out a-lot. Unlike many I went into the office every day. I used to pick up togo orders to support local restaurants. Now that things have picked back up, I find the service bad, prices higher and quality sketchy.

Last Friday night my wife and I cooked on the RT-380 instead of bringing food home. First time in many years.

I now find that I:
1-Enjoy grilling
2-Have success grilling
3-Enjoy the food.
4-Save Money or at least get more bang for my buck!

So I love the "show me what your cooking thread", but I want one for us. Newbies or Oldies, that want ideas to cook and store via freezer bags or just leftovers for everyday or weekly day in and out ideas!

For example this week I am:

1-Cooking a Pizza Friday on the Bullseye
2-Cooking shrimp Saturday again on the Bullseye, to eat and store up for later using my new foodsaver.
3-Cooking meatloaf Sunday, probably on the Bullseye, but I may bring out the 590, and storing the leftovers with my foodsaver.

Not looking to compete with other thread as I look at it daily and have taken most of my recipes from there, just looking for a thread on everyday recipes and leftover ideas!

If anyone has any ideas or wants to edit this thread, let me know, I am just looking to get ideas!

Thanks!

Hey Pops, recently new 700 owner here . And novice pellet grill owner as well.
I too worked through the entire pandemic in NYC and we tried to support local business as much as possible, not many places were open in NYC but we did what we could on Long Island as much as possible
I purchased a Blackstone 36” griddle last June and we cooked almost daily on it. There was no shortage of chicken in our local supermarkets during that time so we got our fill.
Now we are getting back in the beef/pork game especially since I got the Bull.
One of my Plumbers has a spot in NY where he got into raising pigs/chickens during the pandemic.
I have 4 pork chops, a ring of sausage and some bacon from one of his pigs he had slaughtered. I told him I was waiting to get my pellet grill before I cook them, currently they are in my chest freezer for the past couple of months and will look to throw them on this weekend. Can’t wait.

for a quick fantastic meal mid week we eat pulled pork alot. sure it takes 15 hrs to cook it but then we vac seal it in 1.5lb packs and then seal it and push the meat flat so it stacks in the freezer good. that also makes it reheat faster. all i do is drop that frozen bag in a pot of boiling water and in 30-45 min you got steaming hot delicious pulled pork. and a clean pot because it was just clean water in it! love doing that. we do the same for bulk taco meat and chilli in small bags for burgers and hotdogs.

Cook the meatloaf on the 590, make about 4 loafs and vac seal. You will never make meatloaf in oven again.

There was a YouTube with Ray making it using Ritz Crackers

That is the basic recipe I did.

I have only the Bullseye 380 and find that I cook mostly with the round griddle plate. Once you have stripped and resurfaced it with grapeseed oil, it works as well as a non-stick griddle (see separate post on this).

My grandkids love my cornmeal pancakes, so I have to keep some always available. I cook up a quadruple batch, vacuum pack and then freeze them. This week I made them on the Bullseye as an experiment.

While I could make it work at a 500 degrees temp setting, since the lid is always open during the process, I would like to see an additional setting of 600 degrees for cooking with the griddle plate. I will ask headquarters RecTeq and see what they think. It just takes longer at 500 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_20220403_112940072_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220403_112940072_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20220403_114826752_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220403_114826752_HDR.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20220403_115032931_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220403_115032931_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20220403_115041992_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220403_115041992_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20220406_085405862.jpg
    IMG_20220406_085405862.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
While I could make it work at a 500 degrees temp setting, since the lid is always open during the process, I would like to see an additional setting of 600 degrees for cooking with the griddle plate.
It may take longer at 500°, but those pancakes look perfectly cooked!

Greetings RecTeq family. Over the last 18 months we ate out a-lot. Unlike many I went into the office every day. I used to pick up togo orders to support local restaurants. Now that things have picked back up, I find the service bad, prices higher and quality sketchy.

Last Friday night my wife and I cooked on the RT-380 instead of bringing food home. First time in many years.

I now find that I:
1-Enjoy grilling
2-Have success grilling
3-Enjoy the food.
4-Save Money or at least get more bang for my buck!

So I love the "show me what your cooking thread", but I want one for us. Newbies or Oldies, that want ideas to cook and store via freezer bags or just leftovers for everyday or weekly day in and out ideas!

For example this week I am:

1-Cooking a Pizza Friday on the Bullseye
2-Cooking shrimp Saturday again on the Bullseye, to eat and store up for later using my new foodsaver.
3-Cooking meatloaf Sunday, probably on the Bullseye, but I may bring out the 590, and storing the leftovers with my foodsaver.

Not looking to compete with other thread as I look at it daily and have taken most of my recipes from there, just looking for a thread on everyday recipes and leftover ideas!

If anyone has any ideas or wants to edit this thread, let me know, I am just looking to get ideas!

Thanks!
Found a deal on some country style ribs over the weekend. Whipped up a teriyaki marinade after work and let them soak for about 2 hours (if I had my act together I would have started last night, but that’s life). Threw them on the Weber kettle over indirect heat, turning occasionally. When they were close I put them in a covered dish on indirect heat with a mixture ofpineapple juice, soy sauce, a squirt of hoisin, gochujang and some beer to let them tenderize while I grilled up some Visalia onion, green bell pepper and pineapple chunks on the gas burner. The sauce reduced and thickened along the way so it was perfect for dipping. Served it over a bed of rice. Have leftovers to make a few extra meals. Also thinking it the leftover pork would make some killer pork-fried rice later in the week.

Attachments

• 9003426A-7062-49A1-9F82-F78F1D20174D.jpeg
    9003426A-7062-49A1-9F82-F78F1D20174D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
  • EBAF3548-5694-45CB-9A80-F9ED6BCD52EE.jpeg
    EBAF3548-5694-45CB-9A80-F9ED6BCD52EE.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 89
  • 2B501F72-7A31-40FE-A9DA-948AB9CAE343.jpeg
    2B501F72-7A31-40FE-A9DA-948AB9CAE343.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
Two week old bullseye and first time making a pizza on it. Had some ham left over and a pineapple so Hawaiian pizza seemed logical. I cooked it at 475 on a Nerd Chef steel, it came out okay, next time I'll go 525 for more top heat so quicker and less bottom heat.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
For the freezer… 3/4 lb packets of pulled pork for loaded baked potatoes, tacos, quesadillas, plain pulled pork or anything else you can dream up.

3/4 lb packs of brisket, great reheated for any of the above.

add leftover brisket, pulled pork, and turkey for a large pot of Brunswick Stew. We get about 4 frozen meals out of the leftover.

I’d be surprised if we eat out once a month, rarely do restaurants impress us enough to want to go out. We do the odd Mexican or Italian but that’s it.

For the freezer… 3/4 lb packets of pulled pork for loaded baked potatoes, tacos, quesadillas, plain pulled pork or anything else you can dream up.

3/4 lb packs of brisket, great reheated for any of the above.

add leftover brisket, pulled pork, and turkey for a large pot of Brunswick Stew. We get about 4 frozen meals out of the leftover.

I’d be surprised if we eat out once a month, rarely do restaurants impress us enough to want to go out. We do the odd Mexican or Italian but that’s it.
Ya gotta love those “odd” Mexicans and Italians. :ROFLMAO: I’ve met a few of each in my travels over the years.;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back