Show us what you're cooking...

Did Mississippi Pot Roast today using rump roast (on sale). Seared first on back side of grill grates to get a nice crust. Then cooked until IT is 203.

Attachments

• IMG_9184.jpg
    IMG_9184.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9183.jpg
    IMG_9183.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
Awesome , thanks.
I am new to pellet smoking as well and have never cooked a pork butt.
I will be following your lead.
Also, I forgot to mention that I put the butts on fat side down. I've always smoked them fat side up, but was told to put fat side down for pork butts and brisket. The butts were amazingly juicy, with great bark, smoke ring and smokey flavor.

Did Mississippi Pot Roast today using rump roast (on sale). Seared first on back side of grill grates to get a nice crust. Then cooked until IT is 203.
That's next on my list (y)

probably wont get to many likes for this cook. but im a curious eater. i have had all kinda wild game including snakes bobcats alligator and many other stuff. but decided to try these impossible burgers. there were actually not bad. on par with fast food.

Attachments

• 0D490EE6-6FC7-4C18-9164-D82F7B626FDE.jpeg
    0D490EE6-6FC7-4C18-9164-D82F7B626FDE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 5ED25C67-6EC5-4EEE-A089-335915FA964F.jpeg
    5ED25C67-6EC5-4EEE-A089-335915FA964F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
Cool. Can't bring myself to try them. Glad they weren't bad...

Haven't had this in a while...looks great!

I’m not a big fan of pork loin, mostly because it’s a hard meat for me to eat due to the side effects of my cancer treatments years ago. However, it’s one of my wife’s favorite cuts of pork so I look for ways to make it work for the two of us.

Yesterday I tried something different for me-stuffed and slow smoked rather than cooking at a higher temp. I’ve butterflied loins before and stuffed them, but for this 5 pound loin I sliced it around its diameter to one thin layer. I then put down a layer of Ron’s Screamin‘ Pig rub, a layer of ricotta, then a layer of spinach. I rolled the loin up like a cinnamon bun and tied it up, then on the RT-340 for about 2-1/2 hours until it hit an IT of 140* I then topped it with slices of Vidalia onions and a glaze of butter, honey, and bourbon. Left it on to a final IT of 145* and let it rest for about 10 minutes. I was happy with it, the wife, our son, and a friend of his tore it up! I will be trying this again.
97EECBE9-2F2E-4CFF-AE4F-F1AE86F61A50.jpeg
C7593D63-41C6-4642-A59A-0E989891F431.jpeg

I’m not a big fan of pork loin, mostly because it’s a hard meat for me to eat due to the side effects of my cancer treatments years ago. However, it’s one of my wife’s favorite cuts of pork so I look for ways to make it work for the two of us.

Yesterday I tried something different for me-stuffed and slow smoked rather than cooking at a higher temp. I’ve butterflied loins before and stuffed them, but for this 5 pound loin I sliced it around its diameter to one thin layer. I then put down a layer of Ron’s Screamin‘ Pig rub, a layer of ricotta, then a layer of spinach. I rolled the loin up like a cinnamon bun and tied it up, then on the RT-340 for about 2-1/2 hours until it hit an IT of 140* I then topped it with slices of Vidalia onions and a glaze of butter, honey, and bourbon. Left it on to a final IT of 145* and let it rest for about 10 minutes. I was happy with it, the wife, our son, and a friend of his tore it up! I will be trying this again.
View attachment 10525View attachment 10527
Looks amazing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back