Bull BFG auger motor in the RT-700. It's awesome!

No flame out. It recovered fairly good, undershot the low side of 180 by 3 degrees then overshot 180 by 10 degrees, but it is settling out nicely and giving lots of smoke. I was probably taxing it a little by taking it up to 255 and then cutting it back to 180. I am not using my smoke tube or any auxiliary source of smoke, don't want any false sources of heat.

@Hilbe, You have the cotter pin in the worng hole. Put thr pin in the second hole from the end.

Thanks. I fixed it. Must have been my 1 beer got me putting it on the wrong whole

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

So anyone having any problems yet?
trying to bring myself to order one lol

My 3 rpm auger motor shaft has 2 holes set at 90 degrees to one another & probably offset 1/4" apart. See my earlier post on page 7 of this thread about auger fan blades hitting shroud. The auger motor shaft has to be pushed into the auger sufficiently to engage the hole closest to the auger motor.

Based on your description I only have the hole closest to the motor. Pic to follow.

Based on your description I only have the hole closest to the motor. Pic to follow.
You may have got lucky and received one that was made in USA!

My 3 rpm auger motor shaft has 2 holes set at 90 degrees to one another & probably offset 1/4" apart. See my earlier post on page 7 of this thread about auger fan blades hitting shroud. The auger motor shaft has to be pushed into the auger sufficiently to engage the hole closest to the auger motor.
Your post was the reason I knew which of the two to use. (Notice how I worded that to try and keep the comments to a minimum!)

So here are the pics of shaft and part number tag. 3 RPM motor with single hole in shaft,

20210606_072143.jpg
20210606_072242.jpg

You folks are speed demons! It took me 3 hours to do this frickin upgrade.

1 hour to and from store for a 12 pack of beer.
1 hour to drink six beers and get required tools.
25 minutes to find misplaced tools ( I forgot where I left them).
5 minutes to remove old motor and install new one (I reused the smaller fan as mentioned elsewhere).
30 minutes to return tools to garage and finish remaining beers.

As mentioned this new faster auger motor appears to work fine. I was able to maintain 200 without issue. Now, I need to order another motor for the 680. Having beer on hand should save me 2 hours this time :ROFLMAO:

Well at least you didn't have to waist your time determining which of the two holes to use!
Guess we will see what motor #2 looks like.

Installed mine , 76 degrees to 500 took 13 mins then it kept climbing to this 👇which took another 12 mins and bubbled the paint a little bit on the inside of lid 😔

Attachments

• E64D956A-670A-40DD-AA5C-7EC43D1B6082.jpeg
    E64D956A-670A-40DD-AA5C-7EC43D1B6082.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 160

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back