Stampede Amazing No Wrap Ribs

Caps_Shield

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Made my first cook yesterday and we went with a No wrap rib recipe. It was not mine but one I found from someone I follow on Instagram. I was supposed to used Meat Church Voodoo and Honey Hog but I just used Honey Hog due to who I was cooking for. So I hit it up with that, let it set like 15 - 20 minutes. The I got 3 racks on the 590. I must have done it wrong because I can only fit 3 racks. Maybe these where big, who knows. Smoked these for 4 hours at 225 degrees spritzing every 30 minutes with Cherry Dr Pepper. Then I kicked it up to 275 until my instant read was at 200. They where perfect. Moist and tacky but no actual sauce.

Next time I do ribs I’ll try the wrap method but I love the results I got. This is my first time doing all this. Tonight is brats! Here are some pics we took! They may be out of order when you look at them. The stacked photo was not as cool as I wanted, 1 rack is hidden. Oh well.

Have fun everyone!!

EA48A819-5B53-4D8D-89C2-A58A3B1831F6.jpeg

7C0E0770-952F-48AE-9BC0-72C9E90F96BC.jpeg

6990487D-4B4E-4BA0-9767-E2E065D2AB15.jpeg

04558977-69D9-4E9F-A221-05CD016586F9.jpeg

Made my first cook yesterday and we went with a No wrap rib recipe. It was not mine but one I found from someone I follow on Instagram. I was supposed to used Meat Church Voodoo and Honey Hog but I just used Honey Hog due to who I was cooking for. So I hit it up with that, let it set like 15 - 20 minutes. The I got 3 racks on the 590. I must have done it wrong because I can only fit 3 racks. Maybe these where big, who knows. Smoked these for 4 hours at 225 degrees spritzing every 30 minutes with Cherry Dr Pepper. Then I kicked it up to 275 until my instant read was at 200. They where perfect. Moist and tacky but no actual sauce.

Next time I do ribs I’ll try the wrap method but I love the results I got. This is my first time doing all this. Tonight is brats! Here are some pics we took! They may be out of order when you look at them. The stacked photo was not as cool as I wanted, 1 rack is hidden. Oh well.

Have fun everyone!!

View attachment 17393

View attachment 17394

View attachment 17395

View attachment 17396
Looks great and welcome to the no wrap method. I have never wrapped. If I spritz it is a mix of ACV and Apple juice but that is rare. Congrats on your cook!

Have fun everyone!!

View attachment 17393

View attachment 17394

View attachment 17395
Looking good!

Have fun everyone!!

View attachment 17393

View attachment 17394

View attachment 17395

View attachment 17396

Good looking ribs. I like the no wrap method also. How long do you think you had it at the 275 temp? I wouldn’t think it would take long, but it would also avoid the over steaming issue I sometimes get when I do choose to wrap. (I drink beer and forget to check often enough after wrapping.) 😉

Us Pellet Guys need all the Smoke we can "Mustard" :rolleyes:
Binders tend to lessen the Smoke penetration into your Meat, so we've always avoided them
If your "Rub" isn't sticking, spritz the Meat with your ACV and W
Just my $0.02

Dang I am starting to think some of you must not have very sensitive taste buds, the smoke flavor and smoke ring I always get with my 590 is spot on without adding a smoke tube or similar. Guess some of us like a kiss of smoke, others prefer eating smoke? LOL

Good looking ribs. I like the no wrap method also. How long do you think you had it at the 275 temp? I wouldn’t think it would take long, but it would also avoid the over steaming issue I sometimes get when I do choose to wrap. (I drink beer and forget to check often enough after wrapping.) 😉
@ 275 it was only like 45 minutes to 1 hour, I think. I did it to temp though so I didn't pay that much attention to the time at 275.

I'm doing a test today: Spare ribs, 275*, SP only (no binder) 4 hrs. Advised that this was the easiest way and a good result at the end. The SP part is how I did my last ribs and they were great. Just as tasty as when I use a rub. And much more smoke flavor as a result was easily detected. May or may not sprits after 3 hrs, but will see. Stay tuned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back