Great smoke on 1250. I used the Smoke Daddy with my 1250 on a smoked meatloaf on Thanksgiving and the results were.....AMAZING!!

I'm a CPA. You know what that represents? It represents more smarts & money than you'll ever see.
Go home and earn your GED
I am totally not impressed. I am retired now, and I can honestly say being a lowly accountant is not a job I would have ever lowered myself to perform.

I am totally not impressed. I am retired now, and I can honestly say being a lowly accountant is not a job I would have ever lowered myself to perform.
ROFL! Lowly accountant? How about CFO with a major radiology company nationwide. I'm able to retire 8f I want now but getting my home on 42 acres built at the moment. Retirement next year. Oh, I'm 55 so early retirement.
Yeah, the life of lowly accountants. Can easily retire before 60 & love it. And I won't even consider mooching social security until 65.

ROFL! Lowly accountant? How about CFO with a major radiology company nationwide. I'm able to retire 8f I want now but getting my home on 42 acres built at the moment. Retirement next year. Oh, I'm 55 so early retirement.
Yeah, the life of lowly accountants. Can easily retire before 60 & love it. And I won't even consider mooching social security until 65.
Wow a CFO that does not even know what his Social Security FRA is, it is age 67 not 65. Maybe you are going to be hard up for retirement money and have realized you will need to start drawing at age 65 and are able to take the ~16% cut in SS pay.

With your supposed great job, (are you a CPA or a CFO? need to make up your imaginary mind - why not go for the CEO title next), you should have a great pension and would want to wait until age 70 to start mooching SS.

Wow a CFO that does not even know what his Social Security FRA is, it is age 67 not 65. Maybe you are going to be hard up for retirement money and have realized you will need to start drawing at age 65 and are able to take the ~16% cut in SS pay.

With your supposed great job, (are you a CPA or a CFO? need to make up your imaginary mind - why not go for the CEO title next), you should have a great pension and would want to wait until age 70 to start mooching SS.
No, i checked my statement online. I can collect at 62 & get minimal or 65 & get double. You're not that bright for a retired person. Never got your ged i guess.
A CFO (Chief Financial Officer) normally are cpa's (Certified Public Accountant). And no I'll never be a CEO since that's not what I want.
You really don't know much about business do you. 🤔

No, i checked my statement online. I can collect at 62 & get minimal or 65 & get double. You're not that bright for a retired person. Never got your ged i guess.
A CFO (Chief Financial Officer) normally are cpa's (Certified Public Accountant). And no I'll never be a CEO since that's not what I want.
You really don't know much about business do you. 🤔
Wow, you have no idea how SS works. The majority of CFO’s have an MBA or a BA degree and have not been CPA’s, totally different career paths.

Do you ever read what you write? You present yourself as a juvenile individual with an obsession with “GED’s” for some reason.

Yes I do know a lot about business but have no need to talk about my life accomplishments or lessons learned over my 55 year career, that is not what this forum is about, it is about the fun and challenges with Recteq smokers and cooking great food and learning from others!

Conversation ended.

1662306112788.jpeg

If you get it, you get it….

Wow, you have no idea how SS works. The majority of CFO’s have an MBA or a BA degree and have not been CPA’s, totally different career paths.

Do you ever read what you write? You present yourself as a juvenile individual with an obsession with “GED’s” for some reason.

Yes I do know a lot about business but have no need to talk about my life accomplishments or lessons learned over my 55 year career, that is not what this forum is about, it is about the fun and challenges with Recteq smokers and cooking great food and learning from others!

Conversation ended.
Old man, you sure have too much time on your hands.
Why don't you get out of your room and play some shuffle board at your assisted living center. Or, better yet, don't you have anyone you can play checkers with?
Nobody cares about social security, no one except you. My job isn't about old folk compensation. It's about counting the money from retired old farts like you that break their hips.

Convo closed.

Conversation ended.
1662476865840.png

So for those that are using the pig cold smoke generators, how are you mounting it? I’ve used my amazn tray with extra pellets but we like a lot of smoke flavor so I’m thinking something else in addition to that.
I mounted mine on the right side b/c it would easier than adding some type of extension or something so it won't be near the controller. One upside is the smoke does a reverse flow type of deal. Downside is i have to run my fish pump at like 60 to 75% to make sure the smoke blows to the other side of the grill. So in turn, burns through fuel faster. I would say I add a wood chunk/charcoal every hour or so.

I started with a diffuser but have switched to the Smoke Daddy Big Kahuna. I loved the diffuser but started to notice I couldn’t keep the grill at 225 without propping the door open a little. Without propping the door, I would get huge temp swings and couldn’t keep a constant temp. This started after several cooks. If that starts to happen to you, just order the smoke daddy big kahuna. The nice thing about the kahuna is you can start with hickory and then switch to a fruit wood later in the smoke by just dropping in a different wood species. I love smoke daddy products.
I did the same thing. Though I went with the magnum PIG since it is bigger.

A few years later, I honestly don't use the magnum PIG a lot. So it depends. I don't regret getting it but I do regret buying the heavy D even though I like the product. The heavy D is made for side loaded pellet grills so like the 590. On the 700, you have to turn the diffuser sideways so it fits and thus it sits lot lower than the stock diffuser. In turn, the grill can not get as hot because of this. Now if I had the 590, I would of just used that all the time whether I load it up for now.

For those who have the Heavy D, what I found out and some others on a diffierent forum, the way I got around the temp spikes is by lining the channels with foil and then put in your chunks and poke holes in the foil. That does work.

But all this said, a smoke tube with alternating pellets and wood chips, you get pretty darn good bang for your buck with a $10 smoke tube. Does the magnum PIG do a better job? Probably but not for how cheap and easy the smoke tube is.

My 2 cents from doing this all for a number of years.

And for anyone who thinks they will get the type of smoke from a pellet grill that you get in an offset, that just won't happen. ANY pellet grill will produce a lighter smoke. RecTeq has nothing to do with that.

I mounted mine on the right side b/c it would easier than adding some type of extension or something so it won't be near the controller. One upside is the smoke does a reverse flow type of deal. Downside is i have to run my fish pump at like 60 to 75% to make sure the smoke blows to the other side of the grill. So in turn, burns through fuel faster. I would say I add a wood chunk/charcoal every hour or so.
I wouldn't waste my money on one of those. Spent enough on the unit itself.

I wouldn't waste my money on one of those. Spent enough on the unit itself.
I won't argue with that. I think a lot of folks(including myself) are always looking to bridge that gap between offset/charcoal grill smoke flavor and the convience of a pellet smoker.

People's tolerance/desire for smoke flavor varies from person to person. Some are good with just the pellet smoke itself. I wasn't when I got my pellet grill(RecTeq Bull). I noticed right away a difference between the pellet grill and my cabinet smoker which was propane but I used wood chunks and chips for the smoke. So thus me going down the road of more smoke flavor like pretty much the point of this thread. There is so many threads like this not only on this forum but others. People who don't have a smoker before getting a pellet grill might be perfectly fine with the pellet smoke which is no doubt lighter.

For those who have the money, the heavy D or one of smokedaddy's cold smokers are great and work great! Obviously if there wasn't a market for them, then they won't exist.

But with those with your opinion(and seen this opinion many a times) that I already spent enough on the pellet grill/smoker, then I would suggest a smoke tube if you want to not spend much(can find a smoke tube for around $10 on amazon) but just make sure to alternate pellets and wood chips in the tube.

Pellet grills can get real expensive! One of the reason I got the RecTeq is because I felt through my research and my opinion has not changed 3 plus years later is because the value for what you get and the customer service and warranty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back