RT-1250 Great smoke on 1250. I used the Smoke Daddy with my 1250 on a smoked meatloaf on Thanksgiving and the results were.....AMAZING!!

Who says you can't get good smoke on a pellet grill.... smoked a turkey/ chicken sausage meatloaf on the 1250 with a Smoke Daddy diffuser. Holy Smoke!!
I've been reading up on those Smoke Daddys and your video convinced me; I just ordered one!

wheres the link to this smoke daddy? Looks awesome. If you have the 1250, I heard you can just add some pellets to the top of the cast iron and it will add more smoke that way. Did you try that?

wheres the link to this smoke daddy? Looks awesome. If you have the 1250, I heard you can just add some pellets to the top of the cast iron and it will add more smoke that way. Did you try that?
Yup I tried it... but honestly did not get much smoke from it...I actually found some really small wood chipsinstead of pellets.... helped but I am a smoke snob. Was really looking to get a close offset as possible. The smoke daddy is as close as you can get and still have the convenience of a pellet smoker.

Who says you can't get good smoke on a pellet grill.... smoked a turkey/ chicken sausage meatloaf on the 1250 with a Smoke Daddy diffuser. Holy Smoke!!
What's a smoke daddy? Looked it up & was shown a pic of an electric container.

Wow, is the $100 really worth the value vs a $30 smoke tube?
100% with it. Tubes are ok but can never get close to the smoke this puts out...I guess it depends on how much smoke you want though. If you don't like alot of smoke the tube is good... but if you want more this is a great alternative

100% with it. Tubes are ok but can never get close to the smoke this puts out...I guess it depends on how much smoke you want though. If you don't like alot of smoke the tube is good... but if you want more this is a great alternative
I agree! The more smoke, the better:
images.jpg

I started with a diffuser but have switched to the Smoke Daddy Big Kahuna. I loved the diffuser but started to notice I couldn’t keep the grill at 225 without propping the door open a little. Without propping the door, I would get huge temp swings and couldn’t keep a constant temp. This started after several cooks. If that starts to happen to you, just order the smoke daddy big kahuna. The nice thing about the kahuna is you can start with hickory and then switch to a fruit wood later in the smoke by just dropping in a different wood species. I love smoke daddy products.

Love alot of smoke flavor.
Yeah, I'm disappointed with my RT-700. No comparison to my wood smoker but it is a set it & forget it piece of mind. I get no smoke rings compared to wood chunks & chips.
How do you start the smoke daddy? Do you put cooking oil on the chunks? That's what i did with my wood smoker since it was a cleaner burn.

Love alot of smoke flavor.
Yeah, I'm disappointed with my RT-700. No comparison to my wood smoker but it is a set it & forget it piece of mind. I get no smoke rings compared to wood chunks & chips.
How do you start the smoke daddy? Do you put cooking oil on the chunks? That's what i did with my wood smoker since it was a cleaner burn.
Nope just load the chunks in...

I started with a diffuser but have switched to the Smoke Daddy Big Kahuna. I loved the diffuser but started to notice I couldn’t keep the grill at 225 without propping the door open a little. Without propping the door, I would get huge temp swings and couldn’t keep a constant temp. This started after several cooks. If that starts to happen to you, just order the smoke daddy big kahuna. The nice thing about the kahuna is you can start with hickory and then switch to a fruit wood later in the smoke by just dropping in a different wood species. I love smoke daddy products.
Where and how did you mount the big kahuna?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back