Stampede GrillGrates Stampede RT-590 (Should have bought a year ago) Amazing!

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I have had my grill for 18 months and really have been impressed with the smokes. But to get that sear and extra flavor I would rate the grill as pretty good, that is until I added the GrillGrates.

I have been looking at them for about a year and wasn't really sure they would be that great.

But after reading the posts and watching some videos I decided to pull the trigger. My timing was bad and Rec Teq was out of them, so I ended up finding a set that were only 18.5" vs the 19.5" that Rec Teq sells. I first seasoned them with a raw onion, I know it sounds strange but it really did work and they were pretty much non-stick from the start.

As you can see I have cooked steaks, pork tenderloin, chicken, pork chops and burgers. As you can see from the photos the sear is really good but what I was not expecting was the flavor. These babies take the flavor of everything I have grilled to the next level. For my burgers I also buy a blend of chuck and brisket, they are great, but on the GrillGrates they are amazing. The first time I cooked them, my wife said wow the burgers were the best ever.

Overall I am impressed with my purchase, also I was not going to buy the spatula but I am glad it did!

Greg

Attachments

• steak.jpg
    steak.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 186
  • pt.jpg
    pt.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 131
  • chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 120
  • pork chop.jpg
    pork chop.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 117
  • burger.jpg
    burger.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 121
How do you season with a raw onion? Just wipe and forget? Asking for a friend...

As you can see I have cooked steaks, pork tenderloin, chicken, pork chops and burgers. As you can see from the photos the sear is really good but what I was not expecting was the flavor. These babies take the flavor of everything I have grilled to the next level. For my burgers I also buy a blend of chuck and brisket, they are great, but on the GrillGrates they are amazing. The first time I cooked them, my wife said wow the burgers were the best ever.

Overall I am impressed with my purchase, also I was not going to buy the spatula but I am glad it did!

Greg
If you think the flavor is good using the grate side up, try using the flat side up. With the grate side up, you get a nice presentation with diamond grill marks, but the flavor is only on those thin lines. With the flat side up, you get the flavor across the entire surface of the food, especially good on smash burgers (y) Give it a try...

If you think the flavor is good using the grate side up, try using the flat side up. With the grate side up, you get a nice presentation with diamond grill marks, but the flavor is only on those thin lines. With the flat side up, you get the flavor across the entire surface of the food, especially good on smash burgers (y) Give it a try...
Hey Pungo,

Thanks for the advice, the timing is perfect burgers on the grill tonight. I will flip the grates and give it a go.

Best Greg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back