Thermometer

PKSmoke

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Just purchased a RT590, after being extremely disappointed with the Pitboss 1150... wouldn’t maintain temp and their customer service told me there is going to be no fix in the near future. What thermometer do you recommend for secondary check.

I already have a thermoworks pen, but y’all seem to be suggestion a full panel.

Last edited:
I've owned several Thermoworks and this one is by FAR my favorite.. very accurate and I really like the reliability of being able to track the cooks and recall them. The CS by Thermoworks is outstanding as well... Had one of my signals fail during a cook, called CS and they had one shipped to me that day.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Signals

Thermapen Mk4 is top pick for an instant read, so sounds like you're covered there.

If you want a remote thermometer in addition to the RT's probes, then Thermoworks have options. Some of us also have good experience with Inkbird for a budget/value choice. They have a 4 probe WiFi unit for under $100. If you aren't in a rush you could wait for a bigger sale on either brand.

Definitely the Mk4. I also have the DOT and Smoke. The Smoke is the two probe unit with the gateway for using their app with. It works quite well. I use them both on the RT and inside oven.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrzBBQ
Back