Superbowl Cooks - Whatcha Cooking?

If you think of it, give a product review after you use it, I would be interested.
Will do.

Out of the box, I feel it’s made well. The legs wobble slightly (sitting on a table) but the folding legs do lock into place. Just not sure how stable it will be in my RT-700. I’m gonna clean the Bull today or tomorrow and try it out.

Will do.

Out of the box, I feel it’s made well. The legs wobble slightly (sitting on a table) but the folding legs do lock into place. Just not sure how stable it will be in my RT-700. I’m gonna clean the Bull today or tomorrow and try it out.
Oh! There’s a warning label card in the box that says if you cook very fatty foods to make sure your grease bucket is empty before you start and to check it periodically during the cook.

That’s a logical warning/reminder considering the larger quantity of meats that could be put on the grill with the racks.

My wife roots for whoever has the cutest uniforms.
Hey, my wife is not a sports fan and roots for a team based on their uniforms too. I support The Kansas City Chiefs and if your wife is like mine, just tell her to chant "Chief's Kingdom". Anyway, I am looking forward to the game tomorrow and I am confident that the Chiefs will win. After that, we will celebrate with a parade, and then life will return to normal for me, and I can finally go back to watching the news again.

GO CHIEFS!!!

So, I learned we will be home all day Sunday, so trying to figure out what to cook (Just my wife & I). Going to church in the AM, so I won't be able to start until around 10:00 AM. Thinking maybe one or two of the following:

• Ribs
  • Wings
  • Smoked Creme Cheese
  • ABT's or similar
  • Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin

What about you - interested in something new or different
Gonna throw on a couple prime tri tips and some mac and cheese for Sunday.

Will do.

Oh oh. My PCS Rackworks package (Game Changer for RT-700 arrived yesterday. I cleaned up the 700 last night. Going to install the PCS racks today. Lots of cleaning, oiling, & seasoning to do today. 😬

We'll actually be watching the game instead of "The Puppy Bowl" tomorrow
My Wife's Work is giving out $50.00 to each Employ, if their Team wins .... so NOW She's interested .... Go 9'ers

I'll be wrapping-up a couple dozen Moink Balls
And, I'll be trying my hand at Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese stuffed, Anaheim Chilies
What .... No Jalapenos ?
No, Momma does do spicy 😤

Headed to a Super Bowl party this afternoon. Making a whole bunch of jalapeño poppers as my contribution. I brought 3 dozen to a small family get together a few weeks ago and they disappeared in a matter of minutes. I’ll have the Bull loaded up for this cook. Not sure how long they’re going to last this time. Go Chiefs!!

E4ABD800-5B88-48FD-A65E-BB5020B381DE.jpeg

About 120 of them. And she won’t take any more!!

Last edited:
Got my ribs started. They had a little ice on them when they came out of the fridge so we’ll see if they are ready before game time. There a couple of snacks on there that won’t take that long 😋.
IMG_6526.jpeg

I made pig candy, smoked wings and sausages. All were delicious. After reading on one of the posts this week I also threw in 2 spams during the cook. Crackers with Brie cheese, strawberry habanero jam and smoked spam were the hit of all the appetizers. Who knew? Of course this forum did!

Headed to a Super Bowl party this afternoon. Making a whole bunch of jalapeño poppers as my contribution. I brought 3 dozen to a small family get together a few weeks ago and they disappeared in a matter of minutes. I’ll have the Bull loaded up for this cook. Not sure how long they’re going to last this time. Go Chiefs!!

View attachment 21215

About 120 of them. And she won’t take any more!!
Congrats on the Big Win ! :love:

Congrats KC fans! What a game indeed.

I went out to start up the Yoder to cook wings yesterday and had technical difficulty. The grill started up as normal, heated to about 175°, when the display started to drop to a displayed pit temp of 0°. The temp yesterday, or most times I can remember, was not that cold in SE Kentucky. Turned the grill off, as if the controller reads the pit temp of 0°, it runs wide open to get to the set point of 225°. Let it cool, tried again, same result, so I’ll be reaching out to Yoder later today. At least they should be in a good mood given the Chiefs win.

I then fired up the PK grill, grilled some amazing wings from Wild Fork and some sweet potatoes, and saved the game in what was by then OT by normal eating time! Always have a Plan B whenever technology is involved!

I guess we’ll be smoking some crow here; our 49ers didn’t finish the job. While they played well, for the most part, their defense just wore out.

Congrats to the Chiefs and their fans for a well-played game.

We did BB ribs and wings, both came out great but my timing was all off. The ribs were done when I went out to put on the wings, seems I had my temp probe in a bad spot, it said 185 when in fact the ribs were over done. I use the probe just to get me in the ball park and I should start getting ready for the finishing steps. Oh well, they came out good, just not together.

Congrats KC fans! What a game indeed.

I went out to start up the Yoder to cook wings yesterday and had technical difficulty. The grill started up as normal, heated to about 175°, when the display started to drop to a displayed pit temp of 0°. The temp yesterday, or most times I can remember, was not that cold in SE Kentucky. Turned the grill off, as if the controller reads the pit temp of 0°, it runs wide open to get to the set point of 225°. Let it cool, tried again, same result, so I’ll be reaching out to Yoder later today. At least they should be in a good mood given the Chiefs win.

I then fired up the PK grill, grilled some amazing wings from Wild Fork and some sweet potatoes, and saved the game in what was by then OT by normal eating time! Always have a Plan B whenever technology is involved!
Good recovery.

Hope you get the Yoder issue resolved soon and with little effort.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back