Superbowl Cooks - Whatcha Cooking?

whta

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So, I learned we will be home all day Sunday, so trying to figure out what to cook (Just my wife & I). Going to church in the AM, so I won't be able to start until around 10:00 AM. Thinking maybe one or two of the following:

• Ribs
  • Wings
  • Smoked Creme Cheese
  • ABT's or similar
  • Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin

What about you - interested in something new or different

There’s only the 2 of us so I’m trying Hatfield’s baby backs, our local grocer had a hard time getting any pork for the last year or so and now carries this brand which I’ve never tried. Maybe I’ll do up some wings too if it’s not raining although making both means we eat leftovers come Monday, which isn’t a bad thing.

There’s only the 2 of us so I’m trying Hatfield’s baby backs, our local grocer had a hard time getting any pork for the last year or so and now carries this brand which I’ve never tried. Maybe I’ll do up some wings too if it’s not raining although making both means we eat leftovers come Monday, which isn’t a bad thing.
Probably just doing wings for the two of us as well. I’m sure the wife doesn’t even know the game is this Sunday, so she’s be fine with whatever!

Planning on an overnight pork butt on my RT-700… immediately followed by baby back ribs…immediately followed by some wings. I’m going to “finish” the wings in the air fryer to crisp up after some smoke on them.

If I’m pushed for time, I’ll wrap the butt and finish it in the oven since it’ll have all the smoke on it from the overnight cook.

Probably some coleslaw, veggie tray, queso/chips. My adult kids will bring some other appetizers/finger foods and dessert. Expecting 15-20 people…adult kids & grandkids.

Planning on an overnight pork butt on my RT-700… immediately followed by baby back ribs…immediately followed by some wings. I’m going to “finish” the wings in the air fryer to crisp up after some smoke on them.

If I’m pushed for time, I’ll wrap the butt and finish it in the oven since it’ll have all the smoke on it from the overnight cook.

Probably some coleslaw, veggie tray, queso/chips. My adult kids will bring some other appetizers/finger foods and dessert. Expecting 15-20 people…adult kids & grandkids.
Sounds like a fun day with the kids - ENJOY!

1707324072241.png

Sounds interesting. What temp to you smoke them to before moving them to the air fryer?
Previously, I’ve simply cooked them at 325 all the way to 165. Typically, there’s some crispness cooking that hot. I’ve never done this method before but I plan to smoke them at 200-225 for an hour to get more smoke on them. I’ll check the temp and color/bark on the wings at that point and make a call on whether to pull them off or not. Time of day will be a factor as my #1 Lady Gamecocks play #11 UConn at 2pm. 🤭

I’ll report back how it goes. I’ll keep my thermopen in-hand to do my best not to dry the wings out in the air fryer.

Gonna do 2-12lb Pork Butts, 2 Wagyu Briskets (Costco), 20lbs of chicken wings, 2 large pots of chili (with beans), some veggies (keeping the vegans happy), a buttload of german sausages, and a bunch of snacks and sides. Didn’t plan to do the Brisket but my local store made it too easy. We have about 40 friends coming over for the game.

IMG_0847.jpeg

Gonna do 2-12lb Pork Butts, 2 Wagyu Briskets (Costco), 20lbs of chicken wings, 2 large pots of chili (with beans), some veggies (keeping the vegans happy), a buttload of german sausages, and a bunch of snacks and sides. Didn’t plan to do the Brisket but my local store made it too easy. We have about 40 friends coming over for the game.

View attachment 21171
Sounds like a party - what time should I get there!!

Previously, I’ve simply cooked them at 325 all the way to 165. Typically, there’s some crispness cooking that hot. I’ve never done this method before but I plan to smoke them at 200-225 for an hour to get more smoke on them. I’ll check the temp and color/bark on the wings at that point and make a call on whether to pull them off or not. Time of day will be a factor as my #1 Lady Gamecocks play #11 UConn at 2pm. 🤭

I’ll report back how it goes. I’ll keep my thermopen in-hand to do my best not to dry the wings out in the air fryer.
Greg…I just realized I didn’t really answer your question. My plan is to check the internal temp of the wings when I pull them. If it’s anywhere close to 160, I’ll cook them in the air fryer at 390 or 400 for 5 minutes…then check doneness and crispness. If not very close to 160 IT, I’ll probably cook them at 360 for 8-10 minutes in the air fryer…do a check and see if they need more time.

And fyi, I just put my homemade chicken/pork rub on them before I put them on the smoker. After they come out of the air fryer, I’ll toss a few in some teriyaki, bbq, honey mustard, or buffalo sauce. I’ve got some “Mike’s Hot Honey” I May drizzle on for those that want a little kick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back