Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Dr.Floyd

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Cooking half a belly today. The other half is in the freezer for a future cook. Hopefully they come out melt-in-your-mouth tender.

1000000525.jpg

Last edited:
That looks really good!

I have a frozen full one in the freezer for a one day cook. I might need to try this. I have done slices like bacon and whole then shredded like pulled pork.

I was just informed by SWSNBN that I am cooking Steer butt aka 2.5” cuts from the Chateaubriand, and veg kabobs with pineapple in the mix. Looks like a decision on gasser which is much bigger and easy temp control or the kettle. The stress of decisions.😳 I will do my best get pics. I fail miserably at that. Happy cooking all it’s the weekend after all🤣

Edit: I have once again shown I don’t work forums very good. 😔 I meant to put this in the “show us what you’re cooking”. I now return you to the real topic.

Last edited:
Recipe and verdict of finished product please……😁
Came out really tender. Used Screaming Pig rub and cooked at 225 degrees until 165 degrees internal. Pulled and put them in the pan added honey, more rub, and some pomegranate juice. Covered tight and cooked until 201 - 205 degrees internal temp. It all was eaten before I got a picture of it cooked.

Came out really tender. Used Screaming Pig rub and cooked at 225 degrees until 165 degrees internal. Pulled and put them in the pan added honey, more rub, and some pomegranate juice. Covered tight and cooked until 201 - 205 degrees internal temp. It all was eaten before I got a picture of it cooked.
Thank you Sir !

Will do one of dem soon ! :)

I have been wanting to try this. I think you persuaded me. Off for a pork belly today.

I have been wanting to try this. I think you persuaded me. Off for a pork belly today.
It has now been tabled. The weekend will be a pork belly and other things like beef ribs etc run. You all are branching me out in a good way. Always been a March hare but cooking is safer 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've had my ups and down's with PBBE's. The very first batch I ever did - the BOMB! Family and friends LOVED them, they thought I was some kind of smoker savant. But it all went downhill from there. So it was a learning curve back up. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. I wish I could get consistent results. Beginners luck on the first batch I guess.
But, fun to do regardless.

be4.jpg

be1.jpg

be3.jpg

be2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back