Show us what you're cooking...

Months like this when it's just non stop work I am oh so very grateful for vacuum bags and the sous vide. A couple of different nights of what can you do with that BBQ that you smoked.

Egg Rolls: Smoked brisket, pickled red onion, and Cabot cheddar with an Avocado cream dipping sauce, and a smoked pulled pork mixed with roasted pineapple and served with a spicy pineapple BBQ sauce and mango salsa.

And

The Porky Pig Burrito: Pork belly burnt ends, bbq beans, and mac & cheese.

363330112_10160770574591271_3368474402437265219_n.jpg

362264474_10160781596231271_6548386245894167808_n.jpg

364027514_10160781595926271_6529925587324686288_n.jpg

My first try a jerky on my recteq. We used to make award winning jerky at my in-laws butcher shop but I haven’t made jerky in 40 years. I’m trying four different recipes for fun.
1 Pappy’s and pepper
2 Meat Church Holy Cow
3 Teriyaki marinade
4 Hey Grill Hey Jalapeno and Dr. Pepper marinade

Sliced and seasoned/marinaded last night. Doing the first two now and will do the marinades after that.
IMG_6247.jpeg

My first try a jerky on my recteq. We used to make award winning jerky at my in-laws butcher shop but I haven’t made jerky in 40 years. I’m trying four different recipes for fun.
1 Pappy’s and pepper
2 Meat Church Holy Cow
3 Teriyaki marinade
4 Hey Grill Hey Jalapeno and Dr. Pepper marinade

Sliced and seasoned/marinaded last night. Doing the first two now and will do the marinades after that.
View attachment 19793
Please send a notification when ready for consumption 🤣

@Greg Jones how did the PK aka mini Wyldside do and how were the wings?
It was great. Now that the wife and I are empty nesters, the PK is nearly a perfect grilling experience if I were forced to pick only one. Too small for larger groups, great for 2-3. The Burn Shop stuff is currently 20% off now. Also BOGO sale now at Bear Mountain.

Smoked lamb ribs (albeit overcooked) coated in Mike’s hot honey and my special dry rub and then topped with a pomegranate - sumac BBQ sauce, along with a smoked lamb shoulder soon to be shredded and tossed in an apricot BBQ sauce.

Served with grilled carrots, zucchini, eggplant, and squash and a lightly dressed bowtie pasta.

0-1.jpeg

0.jpeg

Just put a Tri-Tip on the Trailblazer for tonite’s dinner. It is our 60th wedding anniversary today but the family is celebrating it with us on Sunday so dinner-for-two was needed tonite. We like Tri-Tip, so it was an easy choice. Got it on at 200F and expect about a 2-hour cook plus a significant rest time.

IMG_2373.jpeg

Were you two like 9 when you got hitched?!?

Ok the real question... Cooked like a brisket or smoked and reverse seared with a medium rare center?

Were you two like 9 when you got hitched?!?

Ok the real question... Cooked like a brisket or smoked and reverse seared with a medium rare center?
Wife was 6 and I was 7. :ROFLMAO: Well, maybe a little older than that.

Tri-tip was smoked and reverse-seared. It is wrapped in a large towel and resting at the moment. I pulled it with an internal temperature of 133F and it should coast to about 140F. I’ll post a photo when I slice it.

The tri-tip wasn’t one of my finest efforts; it was just a bit chewy. Since it was USDA Choice—all that my local Costco had—I guess that’s not overly surprising. It was, however, quite tasty with a good, deep beef flavor typical of tri-tip.

IMG_2377.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

Just put a Tri-Tip on the Trailblazer for tonite’s dinner. It is our 60th wedding anniversary today but the family is celebrating it with us on Sunday so dinner-for-two was needed tonite. We like Tri-Tip, so it was an easy choice. Got it on at 200F and expect about a 2-hour cook plus a significant rest time.

View attachment 19836
Happy Anniversary, Jim. Wow, 60 years! That's how long my first two marriages lasted, only in dog years! 🤭

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back