Show us what you're cooking...

Not meaning to hijack @BNeal as he may have different insights. I've bought the beef plate ribs from both Wild Fork and Snake River Farms. Both were excellent. I cook at 225 uncovered the entire time and I average around 8 to 9 hours depending upon original weight.
Same here as Pacman, I do start on low for 2 hours though.

First brisket. Turned out good. Went the fajita seasoning route. Not disappointed.
Brisket.jpg

I normally buy from Wold Fork, but Costco had these on sale, so that's where I got them.
We have done those beef plate ribs from Wild Fork. They were fantastic and so easy to smoke. I believe we did 8 hours at 225. Having one of their stores within two miles of our home is both convenient and dangerous.

Having one of their stores within two miles of our home is both convenient and dangerous.
We don’t have a WF store anywhere near us, so if anyone has influence with that company on where they place new stores, please encourage the powers that be to NOT place one anywhere near me! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If WF ever got within driving distance, I’d be in the poorhouse within a week.;)

We don’t have a WF store anywhere near us, so if anyone has influence with that company on where they place new stores, please encourage the powers that be to NOT place one anywhere near me! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If WF ever got within driving distance, I’d be in the poorhouse within a week.;)
No WF near me either, but I’ve bought online from them for 2-3 years now. I have a (paid) membership that gets me free shipping for $35+ orders.

@Greg Jones, do you know if WF ships from a central location, or from the nearest one to the customer? My concern with mail-order meat is that I live our here on the Left Coast and shipping times are frequently 4-7 days. IMO, that’s pretty dicey for frozen meat as I’m not sure shippers refrigerate those packages enroute. Just curious where WF products are shipped from.

I’ve never encountered a problem with that. They, IIRC, only ship M-Thursday to ensure you will have your order before the following week. I try to order only on Mondays or Tuesdays to ensure that’s not a problem due to a shipping delay.

I have never bothered to see where Wild Fork ships from, but all of my orders have arrived frozen solid and packed in dry ice in insulated boxes. Their packaging isn't as fancy as some other places, but I've never had an issue with them.

I’m in Central California and I get my WF shipments from the Los Angeles area. Always arrives in great condition even in the 100+ heat of summer. I’m sure you’d get yours from there as well @Jim6820.

@Greg Jones, do you know if WF ships from a central location, or from the nearest one to the customer? My concern with mail-order meat is that I live our here on the Left Coast and shipping times are frequently 4-7 days. IMO, that’s pretty dicey for frozen meat as I’m not sure shippers refrigerate those packages enroute. Just curious where WF products are shipped from.
At least for me, they deliver from the store. I am fortunate that I have two within 20 minutes of me. But I never usually go to the store. I order before noon, and have free delivery within a few hours.

At least for me, they deliver from the store. I am fortunate that I have two within 20 minutes of me. But I never usually go to the store. I order before noon, and have free delivery within a few hours.
I believe all my deliveries have been from Illinois. They did tell me in December I will not be able to renew my membership as they don’t have or foresee having a retail location in Kentucky.

I did a baby 4.5 lb pastrami last night using the Snake River Farms corned beef round from Costco. Soaked in clean water for a day, then rubbed with POG (no salt) plus paprika and crushed coriander and mustard seeds. Smoked at 225 until the stall, wrapped, and finished at 275. Total cook time for this tiny piece of meat was still almost 13 hours. Stlll quite happy with the results (other than my bonehead first cut WITH the grain!). Grilled Reubens tonight!

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0074 (1).jpeg

I did a baby 4.5 lb pastrami last night using the Snake River Farms corned beef round from Costco. Soaked in clean water for a day, then rubbed with POG (no salt) plus paprika and crushed coriander and mustard seeds. Smoked at 225 until the stall, wrapped, and finished at 275. Total cook time for this tiny piece of meat was still almost 13 hours. Stlll quite happy with the results (other than my bonehead first cut WITH the grain!). Grilled Reubens tonight!

View attachment 19409

View attachment 19410

Yum.. I'd eat that sucker all by myself! LOL

That looks really good! I’ve got two or three more in the freezer. I think you’ve convinced me to cook one up. 😋

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back