Show us what you're cooking...

Well, didn't cook much but did a deep clean on the 1250 and other outdoor appliances. The 1250 and the Kamado were the worst. Need to move those up to cleaning at least twice a year.
1685984093366.png
1685984130681.png

Last edited:
That is interesting. I've usually done flank steak in Asian recipes or chimichurri over charcoal. Did you don anything special with that cook?

That is interesting. I've usually done flank steak in Asian recipes or chimichurri over charcoal. Did you don anything special with that cook?
Nothing too fancy as Wagyu has excellent flavor and very tender. A great "reduced for quick sale" find, on the smaller side which was a perfect dinner main course for two.

Here's what I did:

Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides
Let it sit out on a plate for ~20 minutes
Squeeze the juice from half a lime on both sides
Wait ~10 minutes longer and then fire it on the grill and pull it at ~120F then let it rest before slicing

For typical flank/skirt steaks, I tend to use Jaques Pepin's recipe (with lime and anchovies).

Last edited:
Looks great! I too have found that leaving plate ribs uncovered renders more fat and makes the meat "meatier". If yours were like some of the ones I've cooked, two racks almost overflows the grease bucket.

Agreed. I’ve not wrapped my plate ribs since the first time I cooked them, great looking ribs man. Did you inject? Just curious on other’s thoughts on injecting them. I’ve done both ways and they’re great either way.

Agreed. I’ve not wrapped my plate ribs since the first time I cooked them, great looking ribs man. Did you inject? Just curious on other’s thoughts on injecting them. I’ve done both ways and they’re great either way.
I did not inject, and to be honest with you, I'm not sure it would have done much. They came out very moist and tender. I did notice the right side of the 1250 is wayyyyyy hotter than the left. The one on the right was done an hour before the one on the left.

Looks great! I too have found that leaving plate ribs uncovered renders more fat and makes the meat "meatier". If yours were like some of the ones I've cooked, two racks almost overflows the grease bucket.
Now that you mention it, that sucker was almost running over after the cook. Never done 2 at once before, so yea, they gave up a lot of fat during that cook.

At what temperature did you cook the pizzas and about how long. Look delicious
I cook them all sorts of ways. Sometimes on a stone, sometimes a wire rack and occasionally on the flat side of my GrillGrates. My wife builds them on parchment paper with a little corn meal. I pull the paper after 3-4 minutes and usually turn the pizza. I check the underside of the crust at 10 minutes and usually pull at 12 minutes. It works for us that way.

I did not inject, and to be honest with you, I'm not sure it would have done much. They came out very moist and tender. I did notice the right side of the 1250 is wayyyyyy hotter than the left. The one on the right was done an hour before the one on the left.
My 1250 is the same. Probably 20-25 degree difference. I just cook my sides on the left.

I cook them all sorts of ways. Sometimes on a stone, sometimes a wire rack and occasionally on the flat side of my GrillGrates. My wife builds them on parchment paper with a little corn meal. I pull the paper after 3-4 minutes and usually turn the pizza. I check the underside of the crust at 10 minutes and usually pull at 12 minutes. It works for us that way.

Try using one of those Cooking Mats on one of your Pizzas
Momma says it gives the Crust that "Wood Oven" taste
1686693191091.png

Not meaning to hijack @BNeal as he may have different insights. I've bought the beef plate ribs from both Wild Fork and Snake River Farms. Both were excellent. I cook at 225 uncovered the entire time and I average around 8 to 9 hours depending upon original weight.

Try using one of those Cooking Mats on one of your Pizzas
Momma says it gives the Crust that "Wood Oven" taste
Someone here turned me on to the metal pizza screens. I swear by them now. Same net result, but I can turn the screen during cooking and transport to/from the grill without a pizza peel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back