Show us what you're cooking...

We have some of our grandkids overnight tonight so pizza was the cook of the day.
IMG_6153.jpeg

Was at Costco today and, on a whim, I picked up a “pre-seasoned” tri-tip. Now, I rarely buy pre-seasoned meat, but it looked good and I knew I had a short dinner prep window as my wife had somewhere to go in the early evening.

Fired up the gas grill (still don’t have the Trailblazer at the new house, but it is coming soon) with just the two center burners on low. The tri-tip went on after a 10-minute grill warm-up.

IMG_2201.jpeg

I turned the tri-tip every five minutes, alternating grill grid directions. After 35 minutes, we reached a 125F internal temp and I pulled it for a 30-minute rest. My wife put a couple of small spuds in the oven and prepped a couple of avocados for a simple dinner.

IMG_2209.jpeg

IMG_2208.jpeg

It was pretty tasty if I do say so myself. My spouse agreed.

Scallops (a first) and salmon filets smoked at 225* using BM's Gourmet Blend. Scallops had a nice hint of a smoke favor but we agreed that the mouth feel, while they were perfectly cooked to 125, felt more undercooked. So, the wife seared a few for our second helping as a test and they came out more like we were expecting. All in all, a success on surf and surf night. 😉
20230520_162859.jpg

Two racks of babybacks...tender as can be...glazed one with Meat Mitch's Whomp Sauce and the other with Malcom Reed's Vinegar Sauce. Smoke ring for days! Digging BM's Hickory pellets. Lo for 30 mins, then 250 after...wrapped in foil after 2 hrs for another 2 hrs... glazed for 30 mins at the end
PXL_20230529_212449478.jpg

PXL_20230529_214353413.jpg

Not ready to cook it yet but found this little gem at Costco today. It’s a nice size for two of us or a small group. The marbling in the point is pretty decent for a choice and $29 for a brisket just looked good to me. Haven’t ever done one this small so it’ll be a learning experience.
IMG_6172.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back