Show us what you're cooking...

Stuffed pork tenderloins and twice baked potato.

View attachment 19218

20230514_194042.jpg

My doc is gonna be so disappointed in my blood work in August... Increased dosages here I come!

In other news, this is possibly the best chili I've ever made, not had but made. It was a little greasy for my liking so I'll have to maybe not use the "over the top" method next time or only for a shorter period of time.

Also reverse seared some fillet mignon. Delicious as well. Forgot to take a picture until it was nearly gone.

PXL_20230514_170520767.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20230514_230302412.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230514_184021632.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230514_222609841.PORTRAIT.jpg

Did you smoke until probe tender?
Not to steal @BNeal 's thunder as his look like they came out great, but I too tried to do the exact same thing yesterday. I suspect that the meat was old (I found it in the freezer without a date on the pack), but I had my biggest epic fail on the beef back ribs. They never got probe tender and had an off-putting taste. I threw the whole rack away. BBQ and smoking can sometimes be humbling.

I cooked beef plate ribs today for Mother’s Day for my wife as yesterday we were otherwise occupied. The set of 3 bones was approximately 4.5” and displayed one of the frustrating things for me when buying meat online. The back side had a deep scar from butchering, and I would have never purchased these ribs if I were buying them directly from a butcher where I could see that scar.

The ribs were trimmed, given a layer of ’W’ Worcestershire sauce as a binder and then seasoned with Meat Church Holy Cow. They were then smoked at 250° for 8 hours. I would have preferred they be on the smoker for another hour or two, but the flavor was outstanding!

IMG_1432.jpeg
IMG_1433.jpeg
IMG_1434.jpeg
IMG_1435.jpeg
IMG_1442.jpeg

IMO, the best bite in BBQ is plate ribs.
I couldn’t agree more.

Too bad about the gash on the back side but really it only affected the pre-cook look a little. The finished product looks really good….and delicious.

I cooked beef plate ribs today for Mother’s Day for my wife as yesterday we were otherwise occupied. The set of 3 bones was approximately 4.5” and displayed one of the frustrating things for me when buying meat online. The back side had a deep scar from butchering, and I would have never purchased these ribs if I were buying them directly from a butcher where I could see that scar.

The ribs were trimmed, given a layer of ’W’ Worcestershire sauce as a binder and then seasoned with Meat Church Holy Cow. They were then smoked at 250° for 8 hours. I would have preferred they be on the smoker for another hour or two, but the flavor was outstanding!

View attachment 19231View attachment 19232View attachment 19233View attachment 19234View attachment 19235
@Greg Jones , by any chance did you purchase those from WF?

Did you smoke until probe tender? I do Dinos frequently and have thought about trying these but was afraid they’d dry out. Kind of like Baby backs vs. St. Louis if you know what I mean…
I ran it up to about 205. Was pretty much probe tender, but their seems to be quite a bit more gristle than even a pork rib. The meat itself was pretty good and did not dry out (I also added a hefty share of tallow when I wrapped), but will I do them again? I will probably try another rack, but if same results, then no.

Thanks for this I may try a rack for gits and shiggles. Grassyass Amigo!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back