Show us what you're cooking...

These nicely marbled rib eyes (USDA Prime from Costco) hit the new gas grill earlier tonight.

Steak2.jpg

Well seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning and cooked on the main grill to an IT of 100F (8 minutes, flipped and rotated every 2 minutes), then transferred to the 1800F side sear burner for 45 seconds on each side. Here's the result.

Steak.jpg

They were dee-lish; nice sear crust and medium rare (135F) inside.

Last edited:
Are you doing the bread in a Dutch oven? I’m going to try it there come warmer weather. Nice ears, I’ve been too chicken to cut deep enough i think.

Are you doing the bread in a Dutch oven? I’m going to try it there come warmer weather. Nice ears, I’ve been too chicken to cut deep enough i think.
Yeah we bought a lecruese that's what I bake my loaves in

MIL birthday party today. Twice baked potatoes, mac&cheese, beef tenderloin (Cattlemen's Grill Smoky Chiplote -- had to use it she got it for me for my birthday), elotes (Meat Chrurch recipe with some modifications since I don't have his rub and somehow forgot the cilantro when shopping) and some grill asparagus (not shown). Smoked tenderloin low for first how then raised to 225 until IT was 117. Moved to gasser for the sear. Let rest for 10m, could have gone another 5-10

After I moved the temp to 225. After I remove the beef (another hour) I cranked it to 350 to finish up the sides.

1678082750466.png

Elotes warming up (I made them in the AM)

1678082788092.png

Finished M&C
1678082809344.png

1678082838982.png

1678082878227.png

1678082902130.png

MIL birthday party today. Twice baked potatoes, mac&cheese, beef tenderloin (Cattlemen's Grill Smoky Chiplote -- had to use it she got it for me for my birthday), elotes (Meat Chrurch recipe with some modifications since I don't have his rub and somehow forgot the cilantro when shopping) and some grill asparagus (not shown). Smoked tenderloin low for first how then raised to 225 until IT was 117. Moved to gasser for the sear. Let rest for 10m, could have gone another 5-10

After I moved the temp to 225. After I remove the beef (another hour) I cranked it to 350 to finish up the sides.

View attachment 18761

View attachment 18762

Finished M&C
View attachment 18763

View attachment 18764

View attachment 18766
View attachment 18767
Looks absolutely amazing! Happy birthday! Enjoy

View attachment 18761

View attachment 18762

Finished M&C
View attachment 18763

View attachment 18764

View attachment 18766
View attachment 18767
Love beef tenderloin. Cut into steaks at the prime end they call it steer butt in some places. looks great and wish I had not looked 😃 Now I want to do another one.

I made chicken wings in my wood fired oven last night. I seasoned them with a little Holy Voodoo, put them in a cast iron pan, set the grill to 500°, and roasted them first for 10 minutes on top of the oven so they could get some internal doneness before crisping them up. I then put them in the oven for 25 minutes total, flipping them 3 times. They then got a toss with Frank’s Wing Sauce and they were done. I’m very pleased with how well this oven works. I haven’t done a pizza in it yet, but soon now.
IMG_1316.jpeg
IMG_1317.jpeg
IMG_1318.jpeg
IMG_1321.jpeg

Did a small shoulder yesterday. Used RT Casanova for seasoning. Never tried it before. When I picked up the bone fell out. Wife then asked me if I could slice some of it. 😳 we do like the rub. I usually make my rubs but I may have to see if I can mimic this one. We had potato salad and vinegar based slaw with it.

60D9EC37-9D1F-4E97-AB77-4ABB8F5CFCAD.jpeg

Won’t be long now! I’ve bought a fair amount of brisket over the years, but out of the package this this 14# Choice brisket from Meijer is the prettiest thing I’ve ever seen. Seasoned with Bear & Burton’s W Sauce as a binder and Meat Church Holy Cow rub, 19 hours so far on the smoker with a blend of hickory and pecan pellets with the smoker set to 225°.
IMG_1336.jpeg
IMG_1341.jpeg
IMG_1342.jpeg

Won’t be long now! I’ve bought a fair amount of brisket over the years, but out of the package this this 14# Choice brisket from Meijer is the prettiest thing I’ve ever seen. Seasoned with Bear & Burton’s W Sauce as a binder and Meat Church Holy Cow rub, 19 hours so far on the smoker with a blend of hickory and pecan pellets with the smoker set to 225°.View attachment 18857View attachment 18858View attachment 18859
Is that a tallow black iron recently emptied?

Is that a tallow black iron recently emptied?
Not completely. I reserve a little back to put on my cutting board when slicing the brisket. We are not (too) far from Lodge HQ/Chattanooga ourselves. Love, love Chattanooga ! We used to go to the Cornbread Festival most years until Covid screwed things up. Planning on returning this year.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back