4 Dec Tomahawk 2.JPG

Drizzled on the Smoked Tallow and onto the Sear Grill on our Gasser:
4 Dec Tomahawk 3.JPG

Flip every couple mins until it got to 140 internal:
4 Dec Tomahawk 4.JPG

Cut off the Rib and butterflied it:
4 Dec Tomahawk 5.JPG

So much like Prime Rib, it was amazing 🤗

It’s our 45th wedding anniversary today. I asked my wife if she wanted to out for dinner and she said she wanted me to cook a filet. So I fired up the Bullseye and we had the best anniversary dinner a guy could ask for.
A0D85860-AEEF-471C-B4B7-C73FD713895B.jpeg
E5023C49-F0E6-475D-AA7E-756F45A37A9B.jpeg
EE195AF5-9C64-43BA-90A8-A1E351458F47.jpeg

Not my cook, but Saturday we drove up to Buellton to chase around the Santa Rita Hills for Pinots. We had dinner at the Hitchin Post (from the movie Sideways). We've been there many times. Always good food, albeit the prices are through the roof. Partially a product of their fame and lately, inflation.

We had a ribeye dinner and a porkchop dinner. These were grilled over an open flame , Santa Maria style grill using classic central coast red oak. You can watch dinner being grilled live on a closed circuit monitor.

Wow! Great flavor. It never gets old.

Sadly, we are not cooking anything; we’re in the middle of an ice storm (aka “Silver Thaw”) after a week of single digit temps, 15” of snow and freezing rain. If the roads don’t improve tomorrow, we may not even be able to join family for Christmas dinner.

That said, “this, too, shall pass.” We are safe, happy and warm with a 22KW whole-house generator in reserve if we start getting the predicted power outages.

Merry Christmas to all!

My gosh, I couldn’t eat even half of this! I’m stuffed.
BTW, the recteq app started giving me warnings that the meat was over 350°, even though the grill was set ,to 250°. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Merry Christmas everyone! View attachment 18284
I ditched the recteq temp probe for that exact reason. Way too expensive piece of meat to deal with uncertainty of the thermometer

For the past 20+ years, we have attended a two-day NYE event with the same group of friends. This inclues a dinner where we each do a course. Our contribution this year was smoked butternut squash soup. We also contributed a large load of smoked chex mix for the next day.

20221228_195512.jpg

IMG959467.jpg

20221230_141728.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back