Show us what you're cooking...

Pork went in at noon yesterday. Brisket went in at 2:30pm. Went to work. Got home and wrapped the brisket at 1am. Pulled everything at 6am. Wrapped and took everything in a cooler with blankets at 9am. Served at noon. Damn near all gone by 12:45pm.

View attachment 17585

View attachment 17586
Something tells me you were a pretty popular guy at work this weekend!

Did a Costco choice brisket over night. Added some tallow at the wrap and rested 6 hours. Flat was just slightly under cooked but still tender, point was perfect. It’s just the wife and I so we’ll vacuum seal 1/2 or more for quick meals or to add to Mac&Cheese or chili.

Our Costco rarely has Prime briskets any more so I ordered a couple from Wild Fork.

9C2A5A37-855C-4E5B-8C2C-31E330E630E5.jpeg
B732598B-67F1-4946-A1FF-618BF8FCA232.jpeg
FE233566-175C-4B2E-AB24-A84E501882BF.jpeg

Tater Temp? I've never temp'd a potato - just squish test. What is the proper tater temp?

Hope this helps:
SMOKED MEATS, TEMPS and TIMES CHEAT SHEET
MEATSMOKER TEMPSMOKING TIMEMEAT TEMPRUBS OR SAUCESMISC INFO
Potatoes2251.5 - 2 hours210 or Poked TenderAvocado Oil, Salt and Pepper

We also do these;
Gluten Free, Smoked "Bloomin' Onion":
Labor Day Blooming Onion on the Bull.jpeg

Labor Day Blooming Onion.jpeg

MEATSMOKER TEMPSMOKING TIMEMEAT TEMPRUBS OR SAUCESMISC INFO
Bloomin' Onion35045 min - 1 hourN/AAvo Oil, Garlic Salt, Pepper and "Salad Supreme"

After an initial nervous tick on the phrase "Gluten Free" (which I totally get, but it is also followed in my mind by "cardboard taste and texture")

Yeah, I'm with you there
Momma's not Gluten Intolerant, She's just trying to stay away from it as much as possible
So we ditched the Breading and went with the Avo Oil to hold the Seasonings

Last night I started brining a 8.5# turkey breast in my new Briner bucket, and then this morning I gave it a light dusting of Colten’s Freskin’ Greek rub. I put it on the RT-700 running at 250° After 3 hours 15 minutes it was at an IT of 145°, so I cranked up the grill to 350° for 45 minutes. IT was 165° and carryover resting to it to almost 170° I’m pretty happy with the results. I don’t do turkey breast often, but this might be the best one yet.
696AB2CC-EF07-41EB-AC9C-96DFE9715083.jpeg

Last night I started brining a 8.5# turkey breast in my new Briner bucket, and then this morning I gave it a light dusting of Colten’s Freskin’ Greek rub. I put it on the RT-700 running at 250° After 3 hours 15 minutes it was at an IT of 145°, so I cranked up the grill to 350° for 45 minutes. IT was 165° and carryover resting to it to almost 170° I’m pretty happy with the results. I don’t do turkey breast often, but this might be the best one yet.
View attachment 17754
Looks great! I have been wanting to do one and a whole bird prior to T day

View attachment 17754
Hope you have some left, I am pushing the Yugo
9443D15D-4C44-4418-AD22-A1B8D9968069.jpeg

@Fatcat I did the same. Spatchcocked a 4..6 lb chicken. Brined overnight. Separated the skin and air dried in the fridge all day. Sprayed everything in duck fat that I've been dying to try. Put on at 1 pm at 225. Went to 125 internal temp and cranked up to 375. Let it ride to 162ish IT in the breasts. The thighs were closer to 175. Rested and cut into edible bits. I cooked on a rack over a sheet pan and made pan gravy. Not bad for a Monday.

IMG_1065.jpeg

@Fatcat I did the same. Spatchcocked a 4..6 lb chicken. Brined overnight. Separated the skin and air dried in the fridge all day. Sprayed everything in duck fat that I've been dying to try. Put on at 1 pm at 225. Went to 125 internal temp and cranked up to 375. Let it ride to 162ish IT in the breasts. The thighs were closer to 175. Rested and cut into edible bits. I cooked on a rack over a sheet pan and made pan gravy. Not bad for a Monday.

View attachment 17818
Congrats! You got a better skin then mine. I dry brined mine, but it needed to stay in the fridge longer to dry out more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back