Show us what you're cooking...

nothing special today just chicken breast cooked at 275 to give just a hint of smoke to make bulk chicken salad for snacks this weekend while i take down the christmas decorations. the real cool part is my wife had a great idea to just throw the breast in her kitchen aid 8qt mixer to shred it. guys this worked so dang good i can guarantee how my next pork butt gets pulled. just passing on the tip. it was great not pulling it apart with burning hands!
7C0D2F64-C3EA-4C3C-BCB8-B14BBEE601FC.jpeg
212C3583-D9CE-46B8-81B6-17AF1DF070E7.jpeg

nothing special today just chicken breast cooked at 275 to give just a hint of smoke to make bulk chicken salad for snacks this weekend while i take down the christmas decorations. the real cool part is my wife had a great idea to just throw the breast in her kitchen aid 8qt mixer to shred it. guys this worked so dang good i can guarantee how my next pork butt gets pulled. just passing on the tip. it was great not pulling it apart with burning hands!View attachment 14192View attachment 14193

Great.. now I have to finally consider getting one of them mixers .. Been holding out for 50 years 😁

they make a ton of attachments. i make alot of pizzas so i use the cheese grater attachment alot! thats also the attachment i used to make the hash browns above.

I had no idea there was a cheese grater attachment! Hmmm..

nothing special today just chicken breast cooked at 275 to give just a hint of smoke to make bulk chicken salad for snacks this weekend while i take down the christmas decorations. the real cool part is my wife had a great idea to just throw the breast in her kitchen aid 8qt mixer to shred it. guys this worked so dang good i can guarantee how my next pork butt gets pulled. just passing on the tip. it was great not pulling it apart with burning hands!View attachment 14192View attachment 14193
Looking great! I must say, I’m completely jealous of your wife. That 8 qt mixer sounds killer. If I had an 8 qt instead of my 5 qt, I’d be getting a custom paint job, complete with flames, on that thing 😁.

Looking great! I must say, I’m completely jealous of your wife. That 8 qt mixer sounds killer. If I had an 8 qt instead of my 5 qt, I’d be getting a custom paint job, complete with flames, on that thing 😁.
its a beast. it was the biggest one kitchenaid made when we got. may still be. it actually has the nsf stamp on it for restraunt use. it can do pizza dough which is very tough to mix without even getting warm or shaking

Yep, bigger is better 😁

they make a ton of attachments. i make alot of pizzas so i use the cheese grater attachment alot! thats also the attachment i used to make the hash browns above.

Well I couldn't stop thinking about this so found a used Artisan 5qt model locally today for a good price (I think).

Went ahead and got the grinder & grater shredder kit at BJ's and played a bit with leftover boneless ribs for the pups dinner. It was incredible. This is going to make life way easier! 🍻.

Can't wait to really make some good stuff with it. Now where to start LOL..

IMG_1316.jpg

Well I couldn't stop thinking about this so found a used Artisan 5qt model locally today for a good price (I think).

Went ahead and got the grinder & grater shredder kit at BJ's and played a bit with leftover boneless ribs for the pups dinner. It was incredible. This is going to make life way easier! 🍻.

View attachment 14225
Congratulations! It looks like your mixer is in excellent condition, and I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Congratulations! It looks like your mixer is in excellent condition, and I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Thanks.. it does look good! I picked it up for $145 with the standard attachments.

The gears are spinning where to go next :) ..

Thanks.. it does look good! I picked it up for $145 with the standard attachments.

The gears are spinning where to go next :) ..
You got a great deal. And if you’re looking for inspiration or a recipe for something, you’re in the right place!

had the in-laws over today for lunch. we had a 13.5lb brisket and a cheese cake. both made on the bull. we got distracted for a min while the cheese cake was getting mixed in the mixer and over worked it. that over working made the cake extra fluffy and lite almost like a heavy whipped cream. it was really delicious!
CA364400-E14A-4D54-819F-D0215E71BC1E.jpeg
71E73032-D256-4C32-A2A6-E0A937ACB96C.jpeg

good looking mixer. you will find alot of uses for that. also if it breaks parts are available if needed. but a break down is very unlikely.

Thanks.. wasn't sure about parts but that is good to know. I figure if we really use it we can upgrade should the need present itself. Been wanting one for some time but the attachments really make it an easy decision at this entry price for now on this model. Hoping to use it so leaving on the counter. If I put it away it will never come out 😂.

had the in-laws over today for lunch. we had a 13.5lb brisket and a cheese cake. both made on the bull. we got distracted for a min while the cheese cake was getting mixed in the mixer and over worked it. that over working made the cake extra fluffy and lite almost like a heavy whipped cream. it was really delicious!View attachment 14238 View attachment 14239

Wow.. that all looks awesome! Heavy smoke ring on that brisket (y). Bet all enjoyed.

View attachment 14225

Nice find. I started making Italian and breakfast sausages with my rib and butt trimmings a couple months ago with ours, works great although I need a better breakfast sausage recipe.

Just bought our daughter the Pro model at Costco as it was cheaper then the Artisan, you got a very good deal.

Have fun

Nice find. I started making Italian and breakfast sausages with my rib and butt trimmings a couple months ago with ours, works great although I need a better breakfast sausage recipe.

Just bought our daughter the Pro model at Costco as it was cheaper then the Artisan, you got a very good deal.

Have fun

Thank you.. the accessory kit we got at BJ's has the sausage attachment. Started reading some recipes and I think I'm more confused now than ever haha. More reading I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back