Show us what you're cooking...

My very first prime rib roast ever, smoked or otherwise. I kept it simple. Dry brined with kosher salt overnight. Made a paste with softened butter mixed with rosemary, thyme and garlic and smeared it all over. Smoked at 225 until 125. Will cut those halves in half and pan sear two pieces for dinner tomorrow. The other two will be vacuum sealed and frozen for a later date.

Looks perfect.. what time is dinner tomorrow? 😁

i think i made my best pork butt to date! all i did was trim it then do a dry brine in pure msg for about 12hrs then seasoned with weber kc bbq rub using mustard for a binder. then smoked it on low 180 until around 155 wrapped in foil and cooked to around 205 until tender. it was excellent. also tested the kitchenaid mixer at pulling it. thats a game changer, it was super fast and did a great job! i used the dough hook. also made a macaroni pie for the side. basically macaroni and cheese thats deep with a semi charred top layer of grated cheese
3CDAFD40-BC63-43DA-880F-4E5BAA9D47EB.jpeg
F463DF68-25B6-4179-8254-BB70FC88CEF5.jpeg
5FC2600B-F8A0-4A9A-91E0-42F520CA550B.jpeg
5D4EE08D-5EBF-46B2-BB36-33EB0D9652B8.jpeg

i think i made my best pork butt to date! all i did was trim it then do a dry brine in pure msg for about 12hrs then seasoned with weber kc bbq rub using mustard for a binder. then smoked it on low 180 until around 155 wrapped in foil and cooked to around 205 until tender. it was excellent. also tested the kitchenaid mixer at pulling it. thats a game changer, it was super fast and did a great job! i used the dough hook. also made a macaroni pie for the side. basically macaroni and cheese thats deep with a semi charred top layer of grated cheese View attachment 14624View attachment 14625View attachment 14626View attachment 14627

Man that looks incredible! Can't wait to try out the mixer for shredding. Will have my chance this coming weekend :)..
That Mac N Cheese pie completes it. Life is good (y)

Man that looks incredible! Can't wait to try out the mixer for shredding. Will have my chance this coming weekend :)..
That Mac N Cheese pie completes it. Life is good (y)
thanks bud macaroni and pulled pork are some of my favorites! good luck this coming weekend, i look forward to seeing how it goes for you. i bet you nail it! the mixer was fantastic. no burned hands and a much better job than a usual do and in 1/10 the time!

i think i made my best pork butt to date! all i did was trim it then do a dry brine in pure msg for about 12hrs then seasoned with weber kc bbq rub using mustard for a binder. then smoked it on low 180 until around 155 wrapped in foil and cooked to around 205 until tender. it was excellent. also tested the kitchenaid mixer at pulling it. thats a game changer, it was super fast and did a great job! i used the dough hook. also made a macaroni pie for the side. basically macaroni and cheese thats deep with a semi charred top layer of grated cheese View attachment 14624View attachment 14625View attachment 14626View attachment 14627
Dude, that macaroni looks killer! Well... so does the pork!

Smoked some Almonds:
1 lb raw almonds
Used cookie sheet, 225*, smoke 1 hour
Stir, smoke 1 more hour
Mix in 2 T oil and 1 T salt, smoke 1 more hour
I used Hickory, tasted like bacon almonds.
Ohhhh... I may want to give that a try. Where did you find the raw almonds?

I don’t know where @FastEddie got his but you can try Costco. Ours carries raw almonds.

FastEddie lives just outside of the almond growing capital of the world so he has a lot more options than you might in Texas. 80% of the world’s almond supply is produced in central California. We have several friends who grow them and typically get 10-20 lbs. a year given to us for cooking.

My wife makes some pretty famous candy at Christmas every year, some of which requires almonds. Our friends want to make sure they are on her gift list so they make sure she has the raw materials needed for her candy 😉.

I don’t know where @FastEddie got his but you can try Costco. Ours carries raw almonds.

FastEddie lives just outside of the almond growing capital of the world so he has a lot more options than you might in Texas. 80% of the world’s almond supply is produced in central California. We have several friends who grow them and typically get 10-20 lbs. a year given to us for cooking.

My wife makes some pretty famous candy at Christmas every year, some of which requires almonds. Our friends want to make sure they are on her gift list so they make sure she has the raw materials needed for her candy 😉.
Great idea - I'll check out Costco. Thanks!

Mississippi Pot Roast and salt crusted baked potatoes.

Attachments

• IMG_9963.jpg
    IMG_9963.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9962.jpg
    IMG_9962.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9961.jpg
    IMG_9961.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back