Show us what you're cooking...

Tonight, we took a page from Chef @DenStinett’s book and smoked some Costco dinner franks, complete with cross cuts. Delicious! Thanks for pointing us in that direction, Den.
IMG_2443.jpeg

IMG_2441.jpeg

@BNeal did you cure it yourself? Dovetailing on @Jim6820 's question, is it a different cure approach compared to ham?

Brunch for 40-ish
IMG_2295.jpeg

This is batch one of three. Some of you may have seen the pic where I made these a few weeks ago.
Very non traditional- there’s even kettle corn. We quit early and still have all our teeth. It was fun while it lasted.

Cooked bone-in chicken thighs this evening. I confess to not being the best at cooking chicken, but these turned out OK; not stellar, but certainly not bad. Even got the skin a bit crispy.

Started them skin side up at LO/180F (to get some smoke) and at 45 minutes in, raised the grill temperature to 400F and flipped to skin side down. Turned them every 10 minutes over a period of 40 minutes. Pulled them at an IT of 170F and let them rest for 10 minutes (that's as long as the family would tolerate before resorting to cannibalism :rolleyes:). Total cook time was just short of 1.5 hours.

IMG_2449.jpg

Inaugural cook: Chicken thighs & Drumsticks :)
Cooked @ 275 until 175 and finished in air fryer. Meat was very tender & juicy but the skin still not as crispy as I would have liked.
I dry brined with kosher salt for 3 hours. oiled them and added a bit of cornstarch & Weber Kicken Chiken.
Next time i think ill skip the oil and maybe crank the smoker up to 500
IMG_0058.jpg

Inaugural cook: Chicken thighs & Drumsticks :)
Cooked @ 275 until 175 and finished in air fryer. Meat was very tender & juicy but the skin still not as crispy as I would have liked.
I dry brined with kosher salt for 3 hours. oiled them and added a bit of cornstarch & Weber Kicken Chiken.
Next time i think ill skip the oil and maybe crank the smoker up to 500
View attachment 20210
I suspect skipping the oil is all you need. I think you have a win. Now I’m hungry🤣

Little 6 lb pork loin Saturday. Vacuumed sealed most of it and froze for winter Cubans.

Used the Meater for the first time. Set up, connected easily and within 1 degree of an instant read. We’ll see what happens on a long cook next weekend but so far….

IMG_9657.jpeg

IMG_9658.jpeg

IMG_9659.jpeg

So this has nothing to do with pellet grill cooking, but some may find it of interest. I’ve been interested in one of the vortex attachments for a Weber kettle, even though i haven’t owned one for years. I bought one with the intent of using it for wings on my PK charcoal grill. My PK (300) is a little small for this use case, but it still made some pretty good wings and roasted peaches. I’d highly recommend one of these for owners of a 22” Weber kettle!

IMG_1919.jpeg
IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1922.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewDualfire1200
Back