Show us what you're cooking...

Damn Jim .... you posted before I could :ROFLMAO:
Here it is anyway :)

Nooooooo! Tell me it isn’t so, @DenStinett. 🤣

Jim, I'm offended ! ;)
NOT EVEN .... Just me and my trusty Trim Knife
The Diamonds on that Tool look too small / tight to me
Cool Tool .... for those that don't own a Knife o_O
OR .... have a $#!+ ton of Dogs to do :)

Last edited:
The six BBs are on:
Labor Day 2023 Babybacks 2.jpeg.JPG

Will start the ACV spritz in 3 hours, and every 15 minutes until it's time to wrap

No
They are the 1/4 Pound Dinner Franks sold at Costco
We Crisscross cut them and smoke them at 240 'till they reach 140 internal
J.Dawgs is a Hotdog joint here in our area
They Fire Grills their Dawgs .... and they are GREAT https://www.jdawgs.com/
We've grilled them at home on our Gas Grill
But we really like them smoked

Going to have to try this, grew up slitting both sides diagonally, both sides to keep them from curling too much, but never the cross hatch.

They look good to me Jim
Thanks, Den, but they aren’t nearly as pretty as yours. Then, again, I guess you can’t taste “pretty.”

Next time, I’ll cut them a little deeper. Rookies need time to learn their skills from the pros. 😉

Last edited:
Shame on me for swinging by here at the twilight of a holiday weekend to scan posts. I read "smoked lard" and completely overlooked "peach ice cream". My original comment has since been significantly edited.

Yeah, Smoked Lard on Pork cooks and Smoked Tallow on Beef

That was the last of the Peach
We'll be making Fresh Strawberry tomorrow
I love this time of year, with all the Fresh Fruit on the Market
Since Catherine can't have Processed or Artificial Sugar, we make several different "sugar free", White Honey and/or 100%, pure Maple Syrup sweetened Ice Cream or Custard flavors

DEN'S SUGAR-FREE ICE CREAM FLAVORS
Café au LaitWhipping CreamHalf and HalfMaple SyrupSaltVanilla ExtractEgg Yolks(Defaf) Coffee Crystals
****1/2 gal1 pint3 cups1/2 teasp2 table spoon8 (optional)2/3 cup
Chocolate FudgeWhipping CreamHalf and HalfMaple SyrupSaltVanilla ExtractUnsweet Cocoa Powder
1/2 gal1 pint3 1/2 cups1/2 teasp1 table spoon1 1/2 cups
CloveWhipping CreamHalf and HalfHoney & MapleSaltVanilla ExtractPowdered Clove
1/2 gal1 pint1 & 2 cups1/2 teasp1 teasp1 1/2 teasp
Crème BruleeWhipping CreamHalf and HalfHoney & MapleSaltVanilla ExtractEgg Yolks
****3 pints1 quart1/2 & 2 cups1/2 teasp1 1/2 teasp18
Dulce de LecheWhipping CreamHalf and HalfMaple SyrupSaltVanilla ExtractBaking Soda
****3 pints1 quart3 cups1/2 teasp1 teasp1 teasp
Egg NogWhipping CreamHalf and HalfHoney & MapleSaltVanilla ExtractEgg YolksCinnamon and Nutmeg
****3 pints1 quart1 & 2 1/2 cups1/2 teasp1/2 + 1 1/2 teasp6to taste
FruitWhipping CreamPureed FruitHoney & MapleSaltVanilla Extract
3 pints6+/- cups1/2 & 2 cups1/2 teasp1 1/2 teasp
Ginger SpiceWhipping CreamHalf and HalfMaple SyrupSaltVanilla ExtractGinger Powder
1/2 gal1 pint3 cups1/2 teasp1 teasp2 tablespoon
Holiday SpiceWhipping CreamHalf and HalfMaple SyrupSaltVanilla ExtractEgg YolksCinnamonAll Spice
****1/2 gal1 pint3 cups1/2 teasp2 teasp8 (optional)1 teasp1/2 teasp
Honey VanillaWhipping CreamHalf and HalfHoneySaltVanilla ExtractVanilla Bean
****1/2 gal1 pint2 1/2 cups1/2 teasp1 table spoon8
JamocaWhipping CreamHalf and HalfMaple SyrupSaltVanilla ExtractCoffee Crystals Cocoa Powder
1/2 gal1 pint3 2/3 cups1/2 teasp2 table spoon2/3 cup 3/4 cup
MapleWhipping CreamHalf and HalfMaple SyrupSaltVanilla Extract
****1/2 gal1 pint4 cups1/2 teasp1 table spoon
Mint ChipWhipping CreamHalf and HalfHoneySaltVanilla ExtractMint ExtractChocolate Chips
1/2 gal1 pint2 1/2 cups1/2 teasp1/2 teasp1 table spoon3 cups
Pumpkin Spice CustardWhipping CreamPumpkinMaple SyrupSaltVanilla ExtractCinnamonGrd GingerPwded Clove
**** add 8 Egg Yolks3 pints44 oz by wt2 1/2 cups1/2 teasp1 1/2 teasp1 table spoon1 1/2 teasp3/4 teasp
Root Beer FloatWhipping CreamHalf and HalfMaple SyrupSaltVanilla ExtractRoot Beer Concentrate
1/2 gal1 pint3 cups1/2 teasp1 table spoon1 - 2 oz bottle
****These Recipes (may) require "some" cooking****
You can substitute Sugar (1 to 1) or your Sugar Substitute of choice (you do the math !), for our Sweeteners

Hey, glad there is someone here who's skivvies didn't get bunched with what I thought was a humorous discovery to compliment the time and effort needed to score an entire package of weiners.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No “bunched up skivvies here, @LarryCTN; my comments to @DenStinett were all in good fun. If I were going to be doing a lot or cross-hatched sausages, I’d probably get one of those things. Right now, my “gadgets drawer” is full to overflowing, so I’m just gonna have to do it the hard way—with a knife. :rolleyes:

Smoked a Tri Tip tonight for sandwiches tailgating at the Cal-Auburn game tomorrow. It’ll nap in the fridge tonight then I’ll slice it before we head out to the game. Seasoned with Holy Cow and started at 180 on the RT700 to an IT of 120, then seared on the Bullseye to an IT of 135. We like it a little more done for thin sliced sandwiches.
IMG_6353.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back