Stampede Rec Tec Grill Device off line

Hi I don't need more confuson at this time. :oops:
Dan not for nothing lots of folks have tried to help you with your wifi RecTec problems. You got the grill to connect several times and then it doesn't the grill is not the issue your home wifi is and nobody can fix this except you. You need a new router or move the router or grill to get a better connection.

50 ft shouldn't be a problem u less there's alot of walls in-between or alot of metal in general... I'm trying to figure out why he suggested an extender.

It is sitting in front of a 12" brick wall? According to Zach @ RC 40-50 is it limitt?

Attachments

• IMG_20180916_155210831_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20180916_155210831_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
Dan, I don’t under all the bashing regarding Rec Tec when the problem is clearly on your end not there’s. I understand you want instant attention but you are not there only customer. Plus who knows what there work situation is with all this craziness going on. You have gotten tons of options on This forum on both your threads and seems to me all you want to do is bash Rec Tec without doing any real work on your end. Maybe you have buyers remorse who knows. Take a deep breath and try to work it out I know your frustrated I get it but just relax a little

Hi I don't have buyers remorse. I love the way the 590 holds temps and the way it is built.. One of my main reasons for buying the 590 was the great CS reviews.. The WiFi problem should have been over and done with by now.It has been going for almost 1 week.One day I couldn't leave my house waiting for call back from RT. I really have better things to do!!
Thanks Dan
PS Maybe I expected too much from Rec Tec

Hi I don't have buyers remorse. I love the way the 590 holds temps and the way it is built.. One of my main reasons for buying the 590 was the great CS reviews.. The WiFi problem should have been over and done with by now.It has been going for almost 1 week.One day I couldn't leave my house waiting for call back from RT. I really have better things to do!!
Thanks Dan
Dan, sounds like the issue is with in your house/gear. Get a new router that has extended range.

Getting a WiFi extender tomorrow. Hoping that ends the WiFi problem?

Dan, I don’t under all the bashing regarding Rec Tec when the problem is clearly on your end not there’s. I understand you want instant attention but you are not there only customer. Plus who knows what there work situation is with all this craziness going on. You have gotten tons of options on This forum on both your threads and seems to me all you want to do is bash Rec Tec without doing any real work on your end. Maybe you have buyers remorse who knows. Take a deep breath and try to work it out I know your frustrated I get it but just relax a little
Hi All Here 2 other problems had with my 590.
1. The part where the leg goes int the grill was sooooo bent out shape it took ,me a while to get the leg in. The other wasn't bent so much was an easy fix. Both were NOt square.
2. The handle on the hopper side came off, when I was moving the grill.
3. Take a look at the box it came in..The top had dust on it like was years old.
Maybe that is why I'm in the mood that I'm in..

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_124747688_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200428_124747688_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20200502_154810054_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20200502_154810054_BURST001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20200428_155351305_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200428_155351305_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20200429_153808978.jpg
    IMG_20200429_153808978.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20200428_155555183.jpg
    IMG_20200428_155555183.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hi All Here 2 other problems had with my 590.
1. The part where the leg goes int the grill was sooooo bent out shape it took ,me a while to get the leg in. The other wasn't bent so much was an easy fix. Both were NOt square.
2. The handle on the hopper side came off.
3. Take a look at the box it came in..The top had dust on it like was years old.
Maybe that is why I'm in the mood that I'm in..
The 30 day clock is ticking.

The 30 day clock is ticking.
Right...here is the thing, call them to pick it up Dan. If you're so unhappy with it, call them and tell them that. Im sure they would have sent you out a new grill if demanded one. It sounds like you want us to say that, so there you have it. I promise you this, if i received that...bet your ass i'd have a new grill, thats a fact.

Now, with how their grills are packed, I'd be almost positive it was damaged during shipping. Regardless, RT would have made it right who ever was to blame. With how many 590s they sell, I laughed at you actually thought it was years old on the shelf...lol

Hi All When I first saw the box I was a little worried. I opened the box, every thing was packed like you see in the video's nothing looked out of place.
The part where the leg was bent out of shape, there was NO damage to the box. If any thing I do believe it was packed that way.
I was 1st on line at Home Depot 6 am this morning to get the WiFi extender. It is raining now so I can't try it out . It seems like a pretty simple set up?? Any idea's or helpful thoughts on it will greatly appreciated.
Thanks Dan
I'm hoping the extender will put this thread to bed!
https://www.homedepot.com/p/TP-LINK-AC750-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender-Wall-Plug-RE205/304220508

Last edited:
Yup I read them also. I don't have to extend my wifi range too far..Got my fingers crossed.
Instructions were not to clear.I'm hoping it is just a case of plug n play :oops:

It would be nice if you could put the extender somewhere that it had a line of sight to the grill that didn't include trying to go thru the brick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineGriller
Back