Bull New Rec Tec Grill Legs issue

woodman

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey guys love my Bull so far! I got it last tues, took the day off and put the bad boy together, did my burn it, and then my initial cook with some thighs and they turned out pretty good. For my second smoke I thought I would do a brisket. It was time to wrap and noticed it was pouring outside, even though I'm under a covered porch it was a little close to the edge and decided to roll my baby in a little closer so she wouldn't get splattered with the rain... Then this happened!
Looks like the welds didn't quite hold. Freaked me out. I'm pretty sure RecTec will take care of me, but wanted to put this out there in-case others had an issue. I"m hoping it was just a fluke.

20200613_183710.jpg

Hey guys love my Bull so far! I got it last tues, took the day off and put the bad boy together, did my burn it, and then my initial cook with some thighs and they turned out pretty good. For my second smoke I thought I would do a brisket. It was time to wrap and noticed it was pouring outside, even though I'm under a covered porch it was a little close to the edge and decided to roll my baby in a little closer so she wouldn't get splattered with the rain... Then this happened!
Looks like the welds didn't quite hold. Freaked me out. I'm pretty sure RecTec will take care of me, but wanted to put this out there in-case others had an issue. I"m hoping it was just a fluke.

View attachment 4793
As they say it happens. Defiantly give Rec Tec a call and they will take care of you but until then put something under the leg to make the grill level so you can still use it without grease flow issues.

As they say it happens. Defiantly give Rec Tec a call and they will take care of you but until then put something under the leg to make the grill level so you can still use it without grease flow issues.
yep got a couple boards under trying to get my brisket done!

Haven't seen that before. Rec Tec will make good. Let us know how it is solved. ??

View attachment 4793
Sorry to hear you lost a wheel, but thanks for sharing your unfortunate situation to give others a heads up of any potential problems or issues. I love my Bull, but the legs/wheel design definitely need some beefing up in my opinion, other than the Comp cart for $399. If you don't move your grill much, or at all they're fine. Otherwise it's a risky/scary endeavor at best! As you already noted RT will take care of you, guaranteed!

@Mastertech59

Mastertech59's cart mod is in my near future for this very reason!

View attachment 4793
Dang!
I got the comp cart and not regretting it!
Though would not have expected that... just maybe tip over. Rec Tec will make good of it.

Attachments

• 60020729-22FD-4B9D-A44F-973E3AC3A31A.jpeg
    60020729-22FD-4B9D-A44F-973E3AC3A31A.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 118
That's a shame but these guys are right, call RecTec and they'll get you fixed up !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back