Stampede Rec Tec Grill Device off line

I have the same problem. Was working fine and now it cannot connect to wifi. I deleted the APP and re-installed but didn't help. My wifi won't let me separate the 2.4g from the 5.0. It's stupid that Rec Tec can't use the 5g.

I have the same problem. Was working fine and now it cannot connect to wifi. I deleted the APP and re-installed but didn't help. My wifi won't let me separate the 2.4g from the 5.0. It's stupid that Rec Tec can't use the 5g.
The main reason these grills and generally everything else you purchase that's Wi-Fi enabled and are able to control and connect to your home Wi-Fi are using the 2.4Ghz is because it travels a lot further distance than the 5Ghz and has less connection issues. The grill needs to be connected on a good steady 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi connection and not moved too far from this original connection but can be controlled once connected and has a good signal to the original 2.4Ghz router and be controlled by any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz Wi-Fi or a 3g 4G 5g phone from anywhere in the World and now in outer space too.

Last edited:
It's stupid that Rec Tec can't use the 5g.
It's intentional - chances are the 5Ghz radio doesn't even reach to where all/most of us have our grill located outside. That band doesn't go far and doesn't penetrate walls/ceilings very well.

There are technical considerations that aren't obvious to many consumers, but they are real.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineGriller
Back