Stampede Rec Tec Grill Device off line

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All I'm just starting a cook, Phone WiFi is on error mess. Rec Tec Grill Device off line..Red light on grill is flashing like it it is working?
Thanks Dan

Is the grill on and working? If so that is good.
I would close the app and try to restart the app or maybe power down phone and restart. Being mothers day and stay at home is probably taxing the grid bandwidths with face time and zoom meetings. I would try mine and let you know if mine works but unfortunately I am at my son's hospital room and my grill is unplugged.

Hi All I'm just starting a cook, Phone WiFi is on error mess. Rec Tec Grill Device off line..Red light on grill is flashing like it it is working?
Thanks Dan
Red grill light should only be flashing when syncing to the wifi. The light should be solid red when connected to wifi.

ok so what do i do now
I tested it yesterday and it was working?

When I first got my 700 I couldn’t connect to the WiFi where I normally use it. My phone was showing a good signal and I could watch the Rec Tec WiFi video on the phone but the Bull wasn’t connecting consistently. I moved the grill inside the garage and it connected right away. Wheeled it out to the end of the garage and I lost my connection. After speaking with Zach at Rec Tec it was decided that I should add a WiFi extender and now I have no issues at all with the connection.

Netgear EX2700 on Amazon for $29.95.

Hi All Tried 2x here is what I'm getting.I tested it yesterday and it worked?? It does go thru the connection process?
DSC04717.JPG
nd I tested it yesterday and it worked??

This App really s..ks BIG time. I'm pissed. You spend big $$ and all you get with this App is aggravation..(n):rolleyes:
Thanks for you fast replies..
Dan
PS My Fireboard is working great of my WiFi?

Last edited:
This App really s..ks BIG time. I'm pissed. You spend big $$ and all you get with this App is aggravation..(n):rolleyes:
Thanks for you fast replies..
Dan
PS My Fireboard is working great of my WiFi?
I've never had a problem getting the app or grill to connect, your doing something wrong or something changed from yesterday, CALL RECTEC. Most people don't have their wifi bands separated. I upgraded my Xfinity a couple years back and originally had the bands separated on the old modem/router and when they installed the new modem/router they were together. I wouldn't let the technician leave until they were separated. All I got was why do you want to do this nobody does this and it doesn't matter. He had to make a couple of calls to get it done and they were reluctant to do so, after some time they got it to my liking. I have a lot of 2.4GHz wifi devices that will only connect to the 2.4GHz. Stay patient you will figure it out and enjoy the RecTec grilling experience.

Hi My WiFi is working on my other device. I'm NEVER going to unplug the grill ever.
It worked yesterday. Today is Mothers day I can't for call help.It does go threw the whole process of connecting, then the error message comes up.
Thanks Dan

Sometimes all you need do is turn your phone off for a minute, then turn back on and it works.

Hi My WiFi is working on my other device. I'm NEVER going to unplug the grill ever.
It worked yesterday. Today is Mothers day I can't for call help.It does go threw the whole process of connecting, then the error message comes up.
Thanks Dan
You will get that error message If your phone and grill aren't on the same wifi band when trying to connect initially. After the connection is made it doesn't matter what wifi band your on. Unplugging the grill dosen't reset anything. Something changed from yesterday on your wifi, phone or passwords, maybe reboot both your phone and router. I would still send a message to RecTec on your issues they will figure it out for you.

Last edited:
I will call Rec Tec 1st thing tomorrow morning.I did power down the phone.I don't wanna mes whit the router.My other device is working off of it, with NO problems. The 590 is holding temps @ 225. too bad I have to go outside to check them. Android phone

Thanks Dan

I will call Rec Tec 1st thing tomorrow morning.I did power down the phone.I don't wanna mes whit the router.My other device is working off of it, with NO problems. The 590 is holding temps @ 225. too bad I have to go outside to check them. Android phone

Thanks Dan
You shouldn't have to go outside to check your cook if your Fireboard is working correctly.

If the light on the grill is blinking, then I suspect the grill isn't connecting to your WiFi - rather than something with the app.

Assuming nothing had changed with so since it last worked, try moving the grill closer to the router if possible. Or simply try turning the router off, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on. Then try turning on the grill again and see if it connects - the light should go to solid, not blinking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back