Meatloaf is one of my favorite cooks.

epcotisbest

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Something I have always liked and this one I did a bit differently in that I used Stovetop stuffing for the breadcrumbs. Turned out quite good but I used the whole box of stuffing mix and probably should have only used half or maybe 3/4. Now I will have to experiment next time with stuffing ratio.
Wife made spinach cornbread in the very old cast iron skillet and she also made a heck of a salad.
Obviously I am not watching the carb count too carefully today.

meatloaf.jpg
meatloaf2.jpg
meatloaf3.jpg
salad.jpg

Cold meatloaf sandwiches and meatloaf omelets will be on the menu this week.

The family loves when I smoke a meatloaf, and yeah agree it makes great leftovers.
I am not allowed to do meatloaf, that is a cook my wife does and would infringe upon her desire to make this for me. I want too but when momma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy. 🤣🤣🤔

Something I have always liked and this one I did a bit differently in that I used Stovetop stuffing for the breadcrumbs. Turned out quite good but I used the whole box of stuffing mix and probably should have only used half or maybe 3/4. Now I will have to experiment next time with stuffing ratio.
Wife made spinach cornbread in the very old cast iron skillet and she also made a heck of a salad.

View attachment 21736View attachment 21737View attachment 21738View attachment 21739
I've tried both the chicken and savory herbs stovetop, yummy!

View attachment 21736View attachment 21737View attachment 21738View attachment 21739
I have done meatloaf in my Bull and everyone loved it. Until now I hadn’t heard about using StoveTop though so I’ll have to try that !

I have done meatloaf in my Bull and everyone loved it. Until now I hadn’t heard about using StoveTop though so I’ll have to try that !

When I did it I just took the package bag out of the box and crushed up the dried stuffing by hand. Did not get it crushed up small enough so there were some bigger pieces in the meatloaf. Next time I will give it a quick whirl or two in the food processor just to get the stuffing pieces smaller, maybe to the consistency of panko, or maybe a bit lumpier than panko.

I smash the Stovetop up or put it in the food processor, makes mixing easier.IMHO

Made eight pounds on the 700 yesterday! I use my deer burger and will eat for the week. The stove top is very interesting. Will try it for sure. My favorite right now is crushed pretzels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back