Making jerky on a Rec Tec?

Eddy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
I think I've seen one or two people post pictures in one of the groups about making jerky on a rec tec grill. As it would be, I don't recall the group or the post.

Does anyone know how to make jerky on a rec tec grill?

I found a Rec Tec jerky recipe on you tube and followed it. Turned out really good but I would have like to smoked about 160* to 180* and my Rec Tec only goes down to 200*. Any suggestions? Or should a slow feed rate down. Help?

I found a Rec Tec jerky recipe on you tube and followed it. Turned out really good but I would have like to smoked about 160* to 180* and my Rec Tec only goes down to 200*. Any suggestions? Or should a slow feed rate down. Help?
@Dozer you can try to adjust your feed rate just a bit to see if that helps.

Feel free to share that youtube video by the way. ;)

Have any of you had success making jerky in the optional smoke box?
Thanks for sharing!

For those of you looking for the page, it's a pop-up on the Rec Tec site:
rectec-insider.png

@Dozer you can try to adjust your feed rate just a bit to see if that helps.

Feel free to share that youtube video by the way. ;)
Ok, Mike but if I slow feed rate down the temp should also go down right?? Seems like temp won’t drop corrisponding to feed rate drop. Idk.

Which Rec Tec are you using? My RT700 will hold steady at 180° set at Low Extreme Smoke with a feed rate of 3.5%. Just did some venison jerky and snacks sticks last night.
20181217_182157.jpg

The second thing I did on my Stampede was some jerky, set on low and held 180 all the way through. (probably logical since it's the same controller) To our tastes it was a bit too smoky, but that might be because it was too wet with the marinade. I made my usual style that we do on the dehydrator, and it likes a wet meat. I used a portion of that batch to test the RT. Next batch I'll pat dry the meat before start and see what happens.

I've used both of these recipes. I like the first one only with extra hot chili powder and with the honey, but they are both good. My jerky is in high demand at work and home, I'm probably going to need to buy a shelf so I can make more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back