Going for grill number 3, Need Advice!

That one looks great, but out of stock. I found a 28" 3 burner at ACE hardware but it is $499!!!!
Leaning toward the two burner at Walmart, it is in stock near the house.

Is there much difference cooking with a 2 burner vs 3 burner? I am happy with this one as long it will cook evenly.

Hey Pops.. it shows delivery available on my end so that could be an option for you? I can say this sucker gets extremely hot but I have not owned a 2 burner for comparison. I would think a 2 burner would suffice though. If you're not happy and get it from Walmart you can always return it. I know that sounds like a pain but you might find it to be fine and not worry about that.

Hey Pops.. it shows delivery available on my end so that could be an option for you? I can say this sucker gets extremely hot but I have not owned a 2 burner for comparison. I would think a 2 burner would suffice though. If you're not happy and get it from Walmart you can always return it. I know that sounds like a pain but you might find it to be fine and not worry about that.
Can you send me where it shows delivery, Still showing me delivery unavailable. Blackstone is out as well.
I think that is the one to get!

Can you send me where it shows delivery, Still showing me delivery unavailable. Blackstone is out as well.
I think that is the one to get!

I am seeing it though the link I posted to Lowes.. Not sure if it is just my location why it shows that way.

Here is the exact link I see it at:

Edit: I see delivery is $75 though! Not sure that is worth it. There is a store about 35 min from me that shows 3 so I have to think they are out there.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blackstone-Culinary-3-Burner-30-In-with-Hood/1003254674

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 5.51.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 5.54.25 PM.png

Last edited:
Greetings, It has been a little over a year since I joined the forum, started my grilling journey and what a blast it has been!

I have gone from a newby to grilling 3-5 times a week and it is great! It really is a testimony to the grills and the members here at the forum that helped me through!

So, I started with a 590, then added a Bullseye. Love them both as they are both different. Tried to use the griddle with Bullseye, but that is a no go. Sooooo

Now I want to finish my trio off with a Blackstone. (Wife has formally agreed) I really dont want a large one, looking for a 2 burner, but I have notice some with air fryers. I am having a hard time finding them here locally south of the ATL.

Does anyone have any opinions? Is Blackstone the one? Any deals coming up Labor Day? Which one is the best? It is just the two of us.

As always trust you guys and appreciate your help so much!
I would not buy blackstone.... the name is better thanthe product. Pit Boss makes a way better griddle.... as for size better to get bigger than you need just in case. I have 36 inch and love the benefit of multiple cooking zones.

Greetings, It has been a little over a year since I joined the forum, started my grilling journey and what a blast it has been!

I have gone from a newby to grilling 3-5 times a week and it is great! It really is a testimony to the grills and the members here at the forum that helped me through!

So, I started with a 590, then added a Bullseye. Love them both as they are both different. Tried to use the griddle with Bullseye, but that is a no go. Sooooo

Now I want to finish my trio off with a Blackstone. (Wife has formally agreed) I really dont want a large one, looking for a 2 burner, but I have notice some with air fryers. I am having a hard time finding them here locally south of the ATL.

Does anyone have any opinions? Is Blackstone the one? Any deals coming up Labor Day? Which one is the best? It is just the two of us.

You might want to look into a griddle insert for your 590. I got one of these for my Stampede and it will get hotter than any Blackstone. I took a temperature reading with a laser thermometer and it reached 700 degrees. Of course you don't have to get it that hot. We use ours for breakfasts and searing steaks. https://bbqhack.com/products/griddle-insert.

Of course you don't have to get it that hot.
I’ve never understood how one can control the temp at all with a griddle insert. When cooking with the lid open, the grill is going to run at max regardless of what the controller is set to.

I bought an EVO grill about a year ago and love it. That plus my RT-700 is about all I use. Rarely do we cook inside. You can do just about everything on it. Temps get really hot to sear steaks. I bought mine a BBQ Galore. It's a stand alone and runs on a propane tank. Check it out.

I got a Blackstone griddle (large) with a basket fryer on the right side just before the Blackstone Griddle Air Fryer combo hit the market. I was upset about that. Anyway the Blackstone griddle Air fryer comes with 2 air fryer compartments and 1 warming compartment. Not to long ago they came out with a smaller version. Blackstone griddle with 1 air fryer compartment and 1 warming compartment. Both are Walmart exclusive products. U have to constantly check online to catch one. Now for use, the griddle is ok. Some ppl really go all out on the griddle. Just the 2 of us so where I thought I would do a lot of cooking on it, I have not. A guy "Cooking with Doug" has air fryer following which might help u. Reviews were good at 1st on Blackstone griddle air fryer combo. Now I see complaints. Not mad anymore that I got the other model on sale right before the air fryer one hit. I just use the air fryer out the kitchen on the deck if I want air fry. Tying to learn more "fry type" things to do on the Bullseye. I would like to get a rec teq that I can use for nothing but baking. One that can hold large casserole dish or cake pans. Has anyone done just that?

You might want to look into a griddle insert for your 590. I got one of these for my Stampede and it will get hotter than any Blackstone. I took a temperature reading with a laser thermometer and it reached 700 degrees. Of course you don't have to get it that hot. We use ours for breakfasts and searing steaks. https://bbqhack.com/products/griddle-insert.
Thanks, I have a griddle for my Bullseye, it is a pain to use, no way to drain grease etc. Hard to get that smoky first am!
But I do love my Bullseye and 590!

My journey
  • Weber Genesis gas grill - new, maybe 20 years ago
  • BGE, Medium - used, 3 years ago
  • BGE, sold medium bought used large, 2 years ago
  • RT 700 - used - great deal, 8 months ago
  • Blackstone 28" SS, 3 burner, Ace Hardware - I was thinking about it , Wife said she wanted it, we use it 5-6 times a week now, Wife is very comfortable with it, 3 burners gives more control, expensive, the back version for $300 is better deal, 2 months ago - metal is way too thin
  • Weber is retired but will keep - very high quality
  • BGE used mainly for pizza - high quality
  • RT 700 is very easy and versatile - very high quality
YMMV

Another way to go might be to get that gas grill you always wanted and buy an aftermarket flat top for it. I've seen them for many different makes and models of gas grills. You'd end up with a lot of versatility going that route.

I’ve never understood how one can control the temp at all with a griddle insert. When cooking with the lid open, the grill is going to run at max regardless of what the controller is set to.
I dunno. I've never had any trouble adjusting the temperature. I usually have my temp set at about 250 and the insert temp will sear steaks and fry bacon. I lower it for eggs and potatoes.

I have the 36 inch Blackstone with the air fryer built in. I would say the air fryer is just okay. We have other stand alone air fryers that work somewhat better. I wouldn’t buy the BS for the air fryer. It is convenient to have but isn’t a game changer. My advice on the Blackstone would be to figure what size you want then purchase a bigger one. Having 36 inches and 4 burners is so nice but I still wish it was bigger at times. We generally cook for 6-10 people so it is easy to run out of space. We use our BS frequently and my only complaint on mine is you really have to watch temps, even on low it tends to get very hot. The grease drain in the back is so much better than ones with front grease drains. Good luck.

OK, pulled the trigger, well twice! Did the research and honestly there are not a lot of choices available.
Bought the one mentioned at Walmart in this thread, the 2 burner. Got home and as I unpacked, noticed several dented or bent pieces, decided to ignore, fix and move on. Finished the grill and the last step was setting the griddle on the base, well it did not fit, the pins would not fit in the base making the grill unstable. Long story short took it back.

So I had been eyeing one at Ace Hardware, 3-burner 28 inch, the 1901, but was a little high, but went ahead today and pulled the trigger. Brought home put together and what a difference, totally different grill, much sturdier, solid and fit together as it should. Looking forward to cooking on it.

Meanwhile, cooked chicken, pork chops and ribs on the 590 this weekend, excellent as usual!

Bullseye is down, waiting on part from RT. It started overshooting temps by 80-100 degrees for the last 3 cooks. They said it was the temp probe on inside? I think, anyway sending new part.
Love my Bullseye, I am sure the Blackstone will take some of the load off.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!!!

OK, now that I have pulled the trigger and seasoned my griddle, is there another forum like this for Blackstone or is it a FB group?
I honestly doubt anything will come close to this forum, just looking for pointers!

If you search for Todd Toven and the Hungry Hussy/Hussey (sp?) on YouTube, you will find a lot of great info on Blackstone. Todd in particular is such a great guy. I met him at a Blackstone demo at a Walmart a couple of years ago.

If you search for Todd Toven and the Hungry Hussy/Hussey (sp?) on YouTube, you will find a lot of great info on Blackstone. Todd in particular is such a great guy. I met him at a Blackstone demo at a Walmart a couple of years ago.
Thanks anxious to get started on the BS. Waiting on my pellet order from RT. I think the BS will round out my collection and even though I HAD to order more gadgets for the BS, should be focused on cooking now!
I do appreciate RT keeping the forum open and letting us have discussions on other equipment. I really appreciate the experience here!

Thanks anxious to get started on the BS. Waiting on my pellet order from RT. I think the BS will round out my collection and even though I HAD to order more gadgets for the BS, should be focused on cooking now!
I do appreciate RT keeping the forum open and letting us have discussions on other equipment. I really appreciate the experience here!

Hey Pops..

This forum is not managed by RecTeq.. our good friend @Mike runs the show here and lets the innovation flow.

RecTeq would shut it down I'm sure if they did like on their FaceBook page.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back