Going for grill number 3, Need Advice!

Hey Pops..

This forum is not managed by RecTeq.. our good friend @Mike runs the show here and lets the innovation flow.

RecTeq would shut it down I'm sure if they did like on their FaceBook page.
Sad they would shut down, great forum and makes no sense not to share info, we are all pro RT, BUT it is not a one size fits all grill!
Does Mike work for RT?

Sad they would shut down, great forum and makes no sense not to share info, we are all pro RT, BUT it is not a one size fits all grill!
Does Mike work for RT?

No.. Mike is completely independent of RT.. They are not affiliated with this site at all. Just a bunch of grillin' enthusiasts here :).

Edit - Hence the Premium membership to help support the site/Mike to keep the lights on. Also, no ads is a great benefit!

OK, pulled the trigger, well twice! Did the research and honestly there are not a lot of choices available.
Bought the one mentioned at Walmart in this thread, the 2 burner. Got home and as I unpacked, noticed several dented or bent pieces, decided to ignore, fix and move on. Finished the grill and the last step was setting the griddle on the base, well it did not fit, the pins would not fit in the base making the grill unstable. Long story short took it back.

So I had been eyeing one at Ace Hardware, 3-burner 28 inch, the 1901, but was a little high, but went ahead today and pulled the trigger. Brought home put together and what a difference, totally different grill, much sturdier, solid and fit together as it should. Looking forward to cooking on it.

Meanwhile, cooked chicken, pork chops and ribs on the 590 this weekend, excellent as usual!

Bullseye is down, waiting on part from RT. It started overshooting temps by 80-100 degrees for the last 3 cooks. They said it was the temp probe on inside? I think, anyway sending new part.
Love my Bullseye, I am sure the Blackstone will take some of the load off.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!!!

I hate that I recommended something that did not work out for you. I followed up with my brother and he said he had no problems with his and no dents or bent pieces and he uses it several times a week. I have the small 17 and it works fine for me, but might get a bigger one some day.

I hate that I recommended something that did not work out for you. I followed up with my brother and he said he had no problems with his and no dents or bent pieces and he uses it several times a week. I have the small 17 and it works fine for me, but might get a bigger one some day.
Man don't ever worry about that! Not your fault and I appreciate the recommendation! I think it is hit or miss at Walmart. I really wanted the 3-burner from Lowe's but they have been out of stock for a while.

Got it seasoned yesterday and have a weekend of grilling lined up!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back