Req Teq going retail

Don’t overlook Smokin’ Brothers pellet grills. Made in SE Missouri (Cape Girardeau to be specific). I gave them serious consideration before I decided to pull the trigger on my Bull.
Interesting, not familiar with that brand

Yep. Saw them at Stine in South Louisiana. Stine sells the Ace brand. They also sell BGE, Weber, Traegar, etc. I will say that they have a huge outdoor cooking section which gets me every time. I usually don’t ever need anything from that section but convince myself I do as I walk through. lol

On the ACE app

IMG_1482.png

Interesting, I found this on that site
Maybe it shifted to the app but I live a long way from Albany.
IMG_1484.png

I talked to the manager at one of our Ace Hardware stores and he said they weren’t going to keep stock on the floor but I could order online from them. I told him I could do that directly from Recteq. He said it was up to each store if they wanted to carry in store inventory and they really didn’t have room for them.

I talked to the manager at one of our Ace Hardware stores and he said they weren’t going to keep stock on the floor but I could order online from them. I told him I could do that directly from Recteq. He said it was up to each store if they wanted to carry in store inventory and they really didn’t have room for them.
Not sure what exactly that says about the relationship but it says something.

This was announced months ago. I believe the deal is just with Ace for now and that sort of makes sense given Ace carries Traeger, Big Green Egg, Weber...They tend to handle the bigger hitters.

Warranty should still be the same.
I was at Scheels a few weeks back and was very surprised to see Rec Teq grills on the floor. Not sure if they have anything to do with Ace. I go there because they have probably a 100 different rubs/seasonings to choose from.

I was at Scheels a few weeks back and was very surprised to see Rec Teq grills on the floor. Not sure if they have anything to do with Ace. I go there because they have probably a 100 different rubs/seasonings to choose from.
The Scheels in Fargo, ND is listed as an Ace Hardware, not sure if they all are.

Lonestar all the way. Check reviews on the smoke output, the ability to add wood chips, removeable easy to clean ash pot etc. I'm thinking about selling my Rectec and getting one but dang they are pricey.
Would agree that Lonestar builds what is apparently a great pellet grill/smoker. The only drawback I've seen to date is the length of time from date of order to build to ship to receive. According to one of the forums I have perused, a period of 3 months is not unusual.

Would agree that Lonestar builds what is apparently a great pellet grill/smoker. The only drawback I've seen to date is the length of time from date of order to build to ship to receive. According to one of the forums I have perused, a period of 3 months is not unusual.
I have seen as much as 5 months. My understanding is they do not start the build until order is received. They a very pricey but many things to like about them and the Yoder.

Retail may happen. There is a store in Colorado that has backyard beast in stock

Update - appears Recteq is on the website and on the app. Just 3 models as I heard it eventually would be. I haven't been to Ace in awhile but definitely going to check out and see if they have any floor models at the two Ace's that I go to.

But I would say it would be a mistake to not have floor models. I know all Ace's are different in what they chose to do however I think that would be a mistake not to have on the floor. I think that's one of the big reasons why people choose Ace b/c they can get their hands on the grill and inspect it in person. If they have to Order for you online, kind of defeats the whole purpose of carrying at Ace. I know I got to an Ace Hardware that is about 15 to 20 minutes away b/c of the seasoning selection. The Ace's closest to me suck when it comes to seasoning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back