Req Teq going retail

DD owner

Went to the national pheasant fest in Sioux Falls SD this weekend and seen what I thought was a req teq booth. Turns out it was a Ace Hardware booth advertising their upcoming launch of the series. They had several on hand, witch was cool to put hands on and all the rubs and pellets also. You all maybe knew this already but it was new to me.

In these parts, Ace assembles grills at no extra charge.
It will be interesting if anything changes with the handling of warranty claims.

Went to the national pheasant fest in Sioux Falls SD this weekend and seen what I thought was a req teq booth. Turns out it was a Ace Hardware booth advertising their upcoming launch of the series. They had several on hand, witch was cool to put hands on and all the rubs and pellets also. You all maybe knew this already but it was new to me
@Nerdygrrl - are you in-the-know ?

The big Reasons I bought my RT700 was you could only by direct from the company, no big box stores. Now you can buy everything on Amazon. Products were made in the USA. Now made in China and assembled in the USA. Product quality and customer support has definitely declined. Now we’re hearing the owner may not be so truthful to customers? All signs of a nice small company that has grown too large too quickly.

Products were made in the USA. Now made in China and assembled in the USA.
recteqs have never been made in the USA* nor have/are they assembled in the USA. recteq has never made or assembled anything in-house, other than the grills they assemble for their own use. All the rubs, spices, grills, accessories, merchandise are outsourced.

There was an exception with the Chuckwagon and I forgot what the other monster grill was/is called (The Beast?). There is a custom weld shop that made the frames and barrels, but still all the internal parts like the controller, auger, etc., were from China.

The only sounds you hear in recteq HG is the sound of forklifts moving product in/out.
IMG_2969.jpeg
IMG_2966.jpeg

Last edited:
recteqs have never been made in the USA* nor have/are they assembled in the USA. recteq has never made or assembled anything in-house, other than the grills they assemble for their own use. All the rubs, spices, grills, accessories, merchandise are outsourced.

There was an exception with the Chuckwagon and I forgot what the other monster grill was/is called (The Beast?). There is a custom weld shop that made the frames and barrels, but still all the internal parts like the controller, auger, etc., were from China.

The only sounds you hear in recteq HG is the sound of forklifts moving product in/out.View attachment 21384View attachment 21385
I went with rec teq for several reason but one was they were not a big box store retail quality product, oh well Guess I missed that coming.

Edit: I will say my 700 has exceeded expectations. It just works.

That’s why my next pellet grill will ba a MAK…unless they get bought out by some “venture capital” outfit, which I sincerely doubt will happen. Made in USA…assembled in USA with USA-made components and serviced by USA-based folks.

That’s why my next pellet grill will ba a MAK…unless they get bought out by some “venture capital” outfit, which I sincerely doubt will happen. Made in USA…assembled in USA with USA-made components and serviced by USA-based folks.
As is the Yoder.

These have been in stores since at least Oct.
The big Reasons I bought my RT700 was you could only by direct from the company, no big box stores. Now you can buy everything on Amazon. Products were made in the USA. Now made in China and assembled in the USA. Product quality and customer support has definitely declined. Now we’re hearing the owner may not be so truthful to customers? All signs of a nice small company that has grown too large too quickly.
While I agree that everything customers are seeing now is the result of a small company that got too big too fast and is in way over their head, their grills were never built or assembled here.

And these have been in limited Ace shops since Oct 2023 if not earlier.

Last edited:
Toss for me between Yoder and Lonestar Grillz
I’ve seen enough videos of Neal of Pellets and Grills cooks (I posted a link to one here today) that I agree completely. The Yoder and the Lonestar are built a lot alike-both use the FireBoard controller and both have the fire pot at the end of the grill. I never realized how much I would appreciate that feature-surprised no one else uses that design.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back