Stampede Disappointed with tech support

Thinking Contact GIF

Just so you know, the OP used "email", not "snail mail" 🧐
  • snail mail = using the postal service
  • email = electronic mail
But I agree, a phone call gets the quickest results with RT.

Email is also snail mail to some folks.
Some people may not realize email travels at the speed of electrons, so I don't understand why "some folks" think of "email" as "snail mail", strange o_O

The tech support staff is really something else at Rec Teq...
My smoker is currently half disassembled but chugging away at my dinner **Smoked macncheese and a pair of chickens**.

Over the past week? of ownership my 590 has tripped my gfci outlet progressively more and more, initially I googled and moved other things off the circuit, then it happened again, and then again, and last night it was happening 30-40 seconds after being plugged in, So I called after hours support and talked to chad who walked me through diagnosing and testing the igniter. We couldn't determine if it was the igniter for sure, so today I replaced the GFCI outlet, and got a nice heavy duty short extension cord, and it didn't trip, so I plugged in the igniter and it worked for a few minutes in test, so rebooted the unit and set it to smoke and 30 seconds later.. trip.

I managed to light the smoker manually, unplug the igniter and am now smoking away.
during this time I spoke to Chad multiple times and a few others at recteq, and they will be sending me a new igniter monday, as we think its probably that.

For a company with "slow response time" according to the long gone OP, these guys have been pretty dang on top of things.

But what do I know, my smoker wasn't even supposed to arrive till the 13th, and I bought it on the 27th of last month, so I am quite happy with them, and more happy every time I talk to them so far.
** Though I would have preferred not to have to troubleshoot it, at least they are super helpful and easy to get ahold of.

I have had very quick responses from recteq support. That being said, lol, I have gotten 6 of those all weather vents, all gratis, only 3 are useable. One of them I had to repair myself. 2 of the 6 were missing one support, and shipped that way, one broke trying to install, spot weld let go and the one I repaired spot weld didn’t hold in shipping. I can see why they changed the design.

RecTeq should probably be listing that design change more prominently in their product description. One of the things that almost steered me away was a bunch of 1-2 year old posts complaining about the vents+rain, then seeing problems with the all weather upgrade, and finally that they no longer even try to sell the all weather upgrade. My first thought was they gave up on that feature and didn't redesign.

You have to look pretty close to see the vents are now louvered.

RecTeq should probably be listing that design change more prominently in their product description. One of the things that almost steered me away was a bunch of 1-2 year old posts complaining about the vents+rain, then seeing problems with the all weather upgrade, and finally that they no longer even try to sell the all weather upgrade. My first thought was they gave up on that feature and didn't redesign.

You have to look pretty close to see the vents are now louvered.
Totally. I was considering a 590 and watched the 590 video with Jody.

“Jody, we have a question, why did you redesign the vents?”

“Well, because you the customer asked for it! (Goofy smile)”

Totally missed the chance to inform the consumer about the change, why the change, and what the change means for perspective owners.

“Jody, we have a question, why did you redesign the vents?”

Something like "Well you know sometimes when cooking for the football game your already half in the bag when it's time to eat and by the time the grill cools down there's no chance you'll remember to put on the grill cover on. Louvered vents do a little better at keeping the weather out" would have really cleared things up for me.

Just send an email and wait for the other party to get around to checking their email and deciding when to respond or not. It is not rocket science, just common sense.
You're the only person I've ever heard of that refers to email as snail mail.
Does Webster have the definition of snail mail wrong.

Webster Dictionary

snail mail​

noun

Definition of snail mail

: mail delivered by a postal system

You're the only person I've ever heard of that refers to email as snail mail.
Does Webster have the definition of snail mail wrong.

Webster Dictionary

snail mail​

noun

Definition of snail mail

: mail delivered by a postal system
What does this have to do with Recteq or grilling? I am unique and special made by God. It is none of my business what others think of me, so why are you fixated on this? I would like to get back to grilling. Snail mail was used as a relative term. The term was not used in a literal sense. You should have picked up on that. Back to grilling.

What does this have to do with Recteq or grilling? I am unique and special made by God. It is none of my business what others think of me, so why are you fixated on this? I would like to get back to grilling. Snail mail was used as a relative term. The term was not used in a literal sense. You should have picked up on that. Back to grilling.
It was mentioned in the thread, so......what, are you the new moderator....

Why don't you talk about the app some more, I don't think we've heard enough about all the issues you're having with it :rolleyes:

It was mentioned in the thread, so......what, are you the new moderator....

Why don't you talk about the app some more, I don't think we've heard enough about all the issues you're having with it :rolleyes:
I am not having any real issues with the app to talk about it. A small delay during holidays is all I could contribute. It is not a show stopper in my experience. I would agree that it use to not be this way with the delays sometimes in updating the meat probes, but the Recteqs are so popular now that there are many more people on the system during the holidays. I would agree that Recteq should look into this, and am assuming they are, being they are a great company focused on happy customers. Give them a chance. And call them directly with issues and don't expect immediate responses to snail mail, Lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back