Delayed Online Notifications (Temp status....)?

I cooked dinner last night on my RT-340, not using the app at all. I get up this morning, it’s a little after 5AM, and I get a notification that the grill is off! Only about an 11 hour delay or so.
Greg, The app over slept / hungover from all of the weekend festivities.

I called support and they said yes during heavy cooking weekends there are delays, working on it. I suspect this next week will be busy.
I also have another temp monitor for a backup.

My main issue was when cooking a brisket, I lost my temp time line, they were very helpful and told me in the temp chart, settings change the data points to longer intervals on longer cooks, too many data points clogs the system and can create problems.
I did change mine to I think 5 minutes. You just need to make sure you change it back on short cooks or you will over shoot your temps!

Greg, The app over slept / hungover from all of the weekend festivities.
I think we can now eliminate that as a cause! I put sparerib trimmings on the RT-340 yesterday at noon for later inclusion in a pot of soup beans. Took them off at 3:00 PM, then this morning at 5:47 AM I get the notification that the grill is off. I’m now going to turn off notifications altogether on this app.

I think we can now eliminate that as a cause! I put sparerib trimmings on the RT-340 yesterday at noon for later inclusion in a pot of soup beans. Took them off at 3:00 PM, then this morning at 5:47 AM I get the notification that the grill is off. I’m now going to turn off notifications altogether on this app.
That's really odd. I was actually surprised that the notifications actually worked for me this weekend.

Perhaps I was wrong and it wasn't a hangover but a time warp?

I was getting the other notifications, your grill will soon be ready, etc. It’s jut the one that the grill is off.

Funny, I got a notification about 2am (PDT) this morning that my grill was off. I thought maybe I had turned it on and off in my sleep! Then I saw on the notification that it was from Friday.

strange, I did a brisket this past weekend, started it at 10pm on Friday and got all notifications normally without any issues, every time I changed something. I don't completely depend on them except hoping it would wake me if something bad happened overnight, but have so far not had any issues... knock on wood...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back