May have found my new Rib supplier, online!

@BethV Glad you like it, unfortunately there is no store near us and we are in Atlanta! Online for now.

I did cook a Picanha once. It was a very different cook, but I am trying new things! There is a recipe on Snake River Farms, but also if you go to this link the guy does a good job explaining the different ways.
Guga Foods

@soazsun Great info. I'm heading there today (SoCal). Very excited to check this place out.
Beth, which WF store did you get to? I'm almost halfway between the Thousand Oaks and Mission Viejo stores. But going south is more reliably a better trip.

BTW, if you plan a trip to the WF Thousand Oaks store, you might consider detouring over to the BBQHQ store in Simi Valley for pellets. They have LJ and some other good brands.

Has anyone paid shipping for an order? I went to place an order yesterday that is for $117 with $0 for shipping, tried to use paypal but noticed the charge was going to be for $207. Does the difference sound like shipping could be $90?? Can't get thru to anyone via email or on the phone, maybe this storm got em.

Has anyone paid shipping for an order? I went to place an order yesterday that is for $117 with $0 for shipping, tried to use paypal but noticed the charge was going to be for $207. Does the difference sound like shipping could be $90?? Can't get thru to anyone via email or on the phone, maybe this storm got em.

They will charge this up front the settle once the order is picked. It is based on the highest weight in stock possibility as I understand. Do verify the weights though once complete. I had skirt steaks off like 5lbs in 1 order which was substantial. Had to take pictures of all the 8 packages and submit them. It does happen. Just need to watch.

They will charge this up front the settle once the order is picked. It is based on the highest weight in stock possibility as I understand. Do verify the weights though once complete. I had skirt steaks off like 5lbs in 1 order which was substantial. Had to take pictures of all the 8 packages and submit them. It does happen. Just need to watch.
That right there would give me pause about dealing with them.

Wild Fork does a similar model to Amazon Prime or Walmart+ $29 for an annual "membership" and free shipping for a year. One big box of meat made it a no brainer for me.

That right there would give me pause about dealing with them.

The customer service are really good although they are expanding quicker than they can help folks. The Facebook members page is getting a lot of requests for help since calls and e-mails are delayed. They do respond eventually and make things right.

if they eventually catch up and keep customers happy as they do they will be pretty awesome. Just some growing pains right now.

I did not renew my membership yet. I want my so called local store to open and decide if I am going to stay with delivery or just go pick up every few months. I prefer to pick my own. I have 2 very tiny Berkshire Pork Chops I'm not sure what to do with. The both of them would maybe feed one person so I either need to get more or figure out what to do with them.

If I were not getting a local store I'm 50/50 on keeping a membership. Some things have not been the greatest but some things are just amazing. If you find what works for you the membership is a steal honestly.

Based some the comments & reviews from this forum, I gave wildforkfoods.com a try and placed an order. It would appear that I received someone else's order as I received none of the items I ordered...

There's no way to report a problem with the order via the website/UI. Clicking on "Problems/Questions" on the order takes you to a FAQ page, again with no way to reporting an issue. The "chat with us" button does absolutely nothing. Sending a message via the "write to us" form did nothing (no acknowledgement or contact after 2 days).

Ended up sending an email to [email protected] and received an autoreply immediately, but no contacts yet after 24 hours. Part of the message said - "We do our very best to respond within 3-5 business days currently due to higher contact volume."

Unsure how often this happens, but this is not an experience that would make me recommend them so far.

I have the same results trying the "Can't Chat With Us" button, glad I've held off ordering. Drives me nuts when you can't get through to a vendor. The phone # tells you to email, the email goes unanswered.

Based some the comments & reviews from this forum, I gave wildforkfoods.com a try and placed an order. It would appear that I received someone else's order as I received none of the items I ordered...

There's no way to report a problem with the order via the website/UI. Clicking on "Problems/Questions" on the order takes you to a FAQ page, again with no way to reporting an issue. The "chat with us" button does absolutely nothing. Sending a message via the "write to us" form did nothing (no acknowledgement or contact after 2 days).

Ended up sending an email to [email protected] and received an autoreply immediately, but no contacts yet after 24 hours. Part of the message said - "We do our very best to respond within 3-5 business days currently due to higher contact volume."

Unsure how often this happens, but this is not an experience that would make me recommend them so far.
I recommend calling them and waiting on hold, unfortunately. I sent them an email the week after Christmas and just got a reply this Tuesday. Hopefully this is a temporary problem for them.

I’ve always encountered that situation in the past. They, being Wild Fork, will put a hold on the CC for greater than the initial amount, as much as twice the order amount. However, the actual amount changed has always been exactly what the invoice says. It concerned me on the first order but I’m OK with it now. Hotels will do the same on room incidental charges, so I’m used to the practice.

I thought about ordering 2 racks from Compart Duroc to smoke for the SuperBowl but with shipping it'd be $90 😳 That's ridic!!! I'll stick with Smithfield from the grocery store.

I drove about an hour each way today to a new Wild Fork store in Mission Viejo CA. 2 Prime Picanhas, 3 Angus Choice Cowboy Ribeyes, a whole Flap Meat primal, cubed pork stew meat, 2 Kielbasa sausages, 2 paks Brazillian Calabresa sausages, and a couple of their rubs. Everything in their store is frozen and in coolers that are unusually cold (-10F, I think the guy said). Good friendly people working there. Very helpful with any questions.

Last edited:
Beth, which WF store did you get to? I'm almost halfway between the Thousand Oaks and Mission Viejo stores. But going south is more reliably a better trip.

BTW, if you plan a trip to the WF Thousand Oaks store, you might consider detouring over to the BBQHQ store in Simi Valley for pellets. They have LJ and some other good brands.
Sorry for the late response. We went to Mission Viejo. I didn't realize there was a Thousand Oaks store opened yet. But I guess there is. That would be a much closer drive for us than Mission Viejo! And an easier drive. I will check out BBQHQ for sure. Thanks!

Wow! must be growing pains. I have had nothing but the best from them. Hope they don't start sliding downhill on us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back