May have found my new Rib supplier, online!

Dwight Smokem

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
I did my first couple racks this weekend and another rack today from @Wildforkfoods. There website has a huge selection of meats, fish, poultry, sides, and a ton more. I found the ribs to look amazing on arrival, they're far better trimmed than Swift, Hormel, Tyson, Costco, etc packers and they cooked so amazingly tender every time, not the mention the racks run around 3lbs a piece for about $14.00 which is cheaper than my local Kroger. You get free shipping overnight on first order to try, they arrive frozen in dry ice but it did not affect the flavor in the least. Don't work for them, not paid (I'll take it if you do want to send me a check Wildfork). Just sharing in case like myself, you've found yourself digging through piles of cryovac's at the local grocer to walk away with ribs you're not that excited to cook. I attached photo and included my IG name, I started the account to keep track of cooks but if you want to share through there, add me.

Attachments

• B9E55928-FA42-4720-9907-3525EA4AAA51.jpeg
    B9E55928-FA42-4720-9907-3525EA4AAA51.jpeg
    855.8 KB · Views: 260
  • B01C1C7B-4241-4F51-9DCF-3D8D53DD5F21.jpeg
    B01C1C7B-4241-4F51-9DCF-3D8D53DD5F21.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 191
I did my first couple racks this weekend and another rack today from @Wildforkfoods. There website has a huge selection of meats, fish, poultry, sides, and a ton more. I found the ribs to look amazing on arrival, they're far better trimmed than Swift, Hormel, Tyson, Costco, etc packers and they cooked so amazingly tender every time, not the mention the racks run around 3lbs a piece for about $14.00 which is cheaper than my local Kroger. You get free shipping overnight on first order to try, they arrive frozen in dry ice but it did not affect the flavor in the least. Don't work for them, not paid (I'll take it if you do want to send me a check Wildfork). Just sharing in case like myself, you've found yourself digging through piles of cryovac's at the local grocer to walk away with ribs you're not that excited to cook. I attached photo and included my IG name, I started the account to keep track of cooks but if you want to share through there, add me.
So that’s where all the Wild Fork ribs went when I tried to order some 🤣.

Looks good.. can't wait for the store to open closer to me. Still will be over an hour trip each way but at least I can select my own packages. Been using them for about a year now. Like going to a toy store LOL..

Looks good.. can't wait for the store to open closer to me. Still will be over an hour trip each way but at least I can select my own packages. Been using them for about a year now. Like going to a toy store LOL..
I guess I'm lucky. I have 3 within 10 to 30 minutes from my house, depending on traffic of course. I tried to get my son to work there but he wasn't interested. I didn't think it sounded too bad considering there were no requirements other than being able to get there when needed. The cashier said they started at $15/hr plus monthly bonuses of up to $2/hr depending on store sales. Plus they had paid time off and college reimbursement programs. Oh, and the reason I wanted - they had employee discounts on meat!!!!!!

I guess I'm lucky. I have 3 within 10 to 30 minutes from my house, depending on traffic of course. I tried to get my son to work there but he wasn't interested. I didn't think it sounded too bad considering there were no requirements other than being able to get there when needed. The cashier said they started at $15/hr plus monthly bonuses of up to $2/hr depending on store sales. Plus they had paid time off and college reimbursement programs. Oh, and the reason I wanted - they had employee discounts on meat!!!!!!

Oh yeah.. the discounts would have been worth it! I would be broke if I had 3 stores that close though even with discounts LOL. I mean a ribeye cap a day can't be a bad thing?

Mine should be open any day now.

Never heard of this place but you are right, their prices are very reasonable. There is one about 35 minutes away from me. May have to go check it out.

I was lucky last year as the Aldi by me had full spare ribs at $1.67 a lb basically all summer so I would buy 2, smoke them and usually give one of them away to family.

Never heard of this place but you are right, their prices are very reasonable. There is one about 35 minutes away from me. May have to go check it out.

I was lucky last year as the Aldi by me had full spare ribs at $1.67 a lb basically all summer so I would buy 2, smoke them and usually give one of them away to family.

Lucky you! Defiantly check them out. They were even cheaper not too long ago before prices started to skyrocket on meats.

Unfortunately my family will only eat baby back ribs. Last time I checked at Costco, they were over $5/lb.

Wild Fork is different in that everything there is frozen except for the spices. Each piece is individually frozen which makes it easy to pick and choose. They have all different kinds of meats and seafood, even small whole pigs. My wife likes their frozen ground beef because it is frozen in pellet like pieces. That way if you only need a handful of pieces you don't have to thaw out a whole pound of ground beef. I'm not a meat know it all, so there are several cuts there I have no idea what they are or how to cook them.

Hopefully those here that use them and don't have a store near them took advantage of their deal a month or so ago. I think it was free membership to Wild Fork Unlimited if you ordered $150 of stuff, which got you free shipping for a year.

Question for you Wild Fork users, they just opened one about an hour and a half from me. I'm definitely going to check it out. From what I was reading on their website, everything is flash frozen. Have you found that to be an issue at all with meats or seafood? I don't usually ever buy my meats or seafood (except for shrimp) frozen.

I'm able to shop at Restaurant Depot. How do their meats compare? Their prime costs are about the same as Costco but their Black Angus cuts are twice as much as Restaurant Depot.

I'm able to shop at Restaurant Depot. How do their meats compare? Their prime costs are about the same as Costco but their Black Angus cuts are twice as much as Restaurant Depot.
I have no experience with RD, but I could not be happier with Wild Fork. Mostly because they offer cuts that I cannot buy anywhere locally, like heritage hog products, Picanha, tri-tip, etc. Additionally, the prices on comparable cuts has been very competitive with what my Costco is charging. I got in on the above-mentioned free shipping for a year offer and I haven’t been back to Costco since.

So I just saw this. Here is a rack of Wild Fork ribs that I was experimenting with this week. They're just about ready to pull. I marinated for 24 hours in Korean pork marinade (it's sort of thick with garlic, soy sauce, ginger, pear, some sort of chili and probably some sort of sugar (not sure). I wiped the ribs down to make sure to get some smoke in them. 3 hours at 225, wrapped in butcher paper until they seemed pliable (almost a 3-2-1 method), and just uncovered and finishing with more of the marinade as a glaze of sort.

We'll see, but they look and smell good for a Wednesday.

Attachments

• IMG_0772.jpeg
    IMG_0772.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 103
Question for you Wild Fork users, they just opened one about an hour and a half from me. I'm definitely going to check it out. From what I was reading on their website, everything is flash frozen. Have you found that to be an issue at all with meats or seafood? I don't usually ever buy my meats or seafood (except for shrimp) frozen.

If you happen to go, let us know what you think. They are maybe 30 minutes from us. We have been saying we need to check them out.

They opened one up here in Frisco, TX last summer. It has been my go-to ever since. If you get a chance to actually visit a store, the selection they have will blow you away - almost every kind of protein imaginable. And the help seemed very knowledgeable when answering the questions I had. I was a sceptic about the frozen thing, but after researching it, I am convinced there is no downside to flash-freezing. And since they are local, I order today, it's on my doorstep the next morning - no delivery fee.

If you haven't tried them, I highly recommend giving them a shot - I doubt you'll be disappointed!

I hate you all! Just kidding of course...I spend so much money because of this forum...

I just ordered almost $200 worth of meat from Wild Fork Foods yesterday based on this thread and all the positive feedback regarding their stuff. I did some comparisons between Wild Fork, Sam's Club, what I can remember from Costco, and HEB (our local grocery chain)...WFF was generally cheaper than any of those 3 and when not, just barely more. However, the selection was awesome. I ordered Picanha, duck breast, tuna steaks, shrimp, steaks, pork chops...I'm going to be busy this next month! :)

I am a little nervous because their site says my order will arrive today, but UPS posted that I have 2 boxes on the way from WFF. One of those shows that it's out for delivery, but the other one says "rescheduled delivery". I'm really hoping that it didn't ship yesterday as well and will be held until Monday!

Next time I'm in the DFW area visiting my parents, I may have to venture over to the Frisco area to check out that store!

Last edited:
It would be great if they opened a store here in the Pacific Northwest. I don’t like to buy meat via mail order as I prefer to see it before I buy it.

Fortunately, we have a real, old-fashioned “butcher shop” in my area that sells great meat. Nice to be able to walk in and discuss just what you are looking for and have the butcher bring out different pieces for you to look at.

I hate you all! Just kidding of course...I spend so much money because of this forum...

I just ordered almost $200 worth of meat from Wild Fork Foods yesterday based on this thread and all the positive feedback regarding their stuff. I did some comparisons between Wild Fork, Sam's Club, what I can remember from Costco, and HEB (our local grocery chain)...WFF was generally cheaper than any of those 3 and when not, just barely more. However, the selection was awesome. I ordered Picanha, duck breast, tuna steaks, shrimp, steaks, pork chops...I'm going to be busy this next month! :)

I am a little nervous because their site says my order will arrive today, but UPS posted that I have 2 boxes on the way from WFF. One of those shows that it's out for delivery, but the other one says "rescheduled delivery". I'm really hoping that it didn't ship yesterday as well and will be held until Monday!

Next time I'm in the DFW area visiting my parents, I may have to venture over to the Frisco area to check out that store!

It is not uncommon for it to show 2 boxes and it really is only 1. But it sounds like from your order it should be 2 :unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back