Delayed Online Notifications (Temp status....)?

Sscottfitz

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
  2. Bullseye
I've seen some discussions ref. problems with the wifi apps, but what we're noticing today, is the WiFi application seems to be working fine, however the online notification of temp status seems to be anywhere from 15-20 min delayed. Wonder if it's a "Christmas Eve" traffic load problem. Anybody know who provides RecTeq their server support? (AWS, AZURE, etc.)?

I’m having the exact same problems as you. Even after I turned off the grill, about 8 mins later, my phone pinged me from Rec Teq app that the grill had reached the programmed temp!! The app has been acting weird for about a week for me. I know that my wifi is strong and the programmed temp and grill temp still reads instantly with no issues.

I've noticed this for the first time today while doing what is now a 12 hour smoke. The last few hours have been better but about 4 hours after starting the app was way behind and the notifications were delayed 5-15 minutes.

Hi All For some unknown reason after 2 hrs the my temp chart stop working. Ten minutes later is working again but the 2 hrs data is missing.This has been happening lately every time I use the 590. Rec Teq has contacted me but the problem still exists..Any one else have this same problem?
Dan

Hi All For some unknown reason after 2 hrs the my temp chart stop working. Ten minutes later is working again but the 2 hrs data is missing.This has been happening lately every time I use the 590. Rec Teq has contacted me but the problem still exists..Any one else have this same problem?
Dan
Haven't seen that specific problem.....yet, but we've not started grilling yet either....<grin> My guess (and it is certainly ONLY a guess), is they are having load problems with their servers. From a grill control perspective, we've seen no problems, but those things that rely on their servers at (not sure where) that seems to be where the glitches are coming from.........

I started at midnight and still cooking without issue. I changed my sample time to 5 minutes just for grins.

My app notifications last time I used the Bull didn't work at all, this was around Thanksgiving time, haven't tried using them since, recteq needs to get this fixed especially when lots of folks are using the app around the holidays.

Last edited:
Notifications were delayed yesterday. Thought it was me.. I was changing routers. No notifications at all today .. have 3 racks of ribs on. Temp chart is working though.

During my cook the chart failed as well as the notifications. Chart was working at first.

Notifications failed for me and rumor has it that Recteq couldn't keep up with capacity for the holiday on their server-end. That's unacceptable being as this is the day that everyone wants to use their smoker. They need to drastically ramp up with server solution for this to be a viable option. Producing what feels like some of the best smokers I've ever personally seen but then skimping on the app that most people use to interface with said smoker is a bad look.

I overcooked my beef tenderloin tonight by 10 degrees, because my notifications failed after about 20 min of cooking. I'm super disappointed, instead of medium rare I'm getting medium well, an I probably won't enjoy it much. I hope they can get this figured out, it sounds like it's been a problem since the beginning for recteq!

I overcooked my beef tenderloin tonight by 10 degrees, because my notifications failed after about 20 min of cooking. I'm super disappointed, instead of medium rare I'm getting medium well, an I probably won't enjoy it much. I hope they can get this figured out, it sounds like it's been a problem since the beginning for recteq!
Sorry to hear about this, recteq needs to get this app figured out.

Started happening to me a few days ago. App shows correct temps but notifications are delayed. Just have to keep checking. I slighlty overcooked the turkey on Christmas due to weber Bluetooth failed probe. I was cooking it in the big easy oil less fryer and the probe stuck at 152°F. At least the prime rib on the 590 was good.

Temp chart stopped working on my app 8 hours into butt cook. Still showed probe temps.

@Jhb076 what unit setting did you have on your chart? If you set the units to 15 minutes you can usually get over 12 hours on the chart.

I've seen some discussions ref. problems with the wifi apps, but what we're noticing today, is the WiFi application seems to be working fine, however the online notification of temp status seems to be anywhere from 15-20 min delayed…
I cooked dinner last night on my RT-340, not using the app at all. I get up this morning, it’s a little after 5AM, and I get a notification that the grill is off! Only about an 11 hour delay or so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back