No Notifications in Android App

Jack_Flack

So I own a RT-700 (which is no longer sold, I guess) and used it with the iPhone app without problems. I upgraded my phone to an Android device and promptly downloaded the associated app. No matter what I do, I cannot get any notifications on my app such as when the grill reaches temperature, when one of the probes is at the setpoint temperature, and so forth. I can connect to the grill just fine and can see the temperature, etc. on the app. Just no notifications. The only thread I've found is an old thread before the app was updated (I presume).

So what's up? Other's having the same issue or am I simply the lucky one.

Silly Rabbit, too many users, servers overwhelmed, no notifications for you!
It may work fine this weekend, definitely will work fine on Monday.
Black Friday sales on remote thermometers, notifications always work.

Excited Season 5 GIF by Friends

As stated above, seems to be a server capacity issue yet RT tech never admitted it to me. I have had my Bull for 3.5 years and every holiday is spotty until the snow hits back east and they put their grills away. Christmas and New Year’s will probably work better. RT knows this is an ongoing issue but they don’t seem motivated to do anything about it (pre and post acquisition). I wish I could advertise a capability and market a product like they do. Unfortulately, I‘m bound by the UCC Code for Merchantability and it’s companion Code Fi’t for a particular purpose”. The good news is that they don’t make medical devices or anything for the Aerospace, Space and Defense industry, yet! Just my opinions and I hope someone from RT will prove me wrong and yell at me on this forum about how mistaken I am. YMMV.

I’m trying to watch the Black Friday game on Prome Video right now. Talk about service issues, buffers every 2-3 seconds!
@Greg Jones Mine is running smooth so far on prime. Not always the case.

I moved away from lack of OS support Android to my total disbelief, I like Android but hate the buy it trash it in two years life cycle for phones. However @SmokeZilla is spot on and I too would enjoy an RT call to shut me up.

My notifications, cook history/graph have all sucked yesterday and a little slow today but are getting better on iOS.

I’m trying to watch the Black Friday game on Prome Video right now. Talk about service issues, buffers every 2-3 seconds!
They have issues with live events. I like their ONE fight nights. Usually get some choppy video.

Yep. Everything is enabled in the app and on android itself, but no joy as far as notifications go.
Even if you do not cook Saturday turn the grill on and let it stabilize, see if you get notifications and either way shut it down. If it is just the lack of RT scalable servers tomorrow should be a slow day. if nothing at all that is a problem.

Edit: I know it will cost a few pellets but hanging around here can cost 💰in toys you may need, want or just can’t stop yourself, so pellets are cheap🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I have NEVER gotten a notification in the app -- Android 14.
Not for the grill coming to temp, not for meat hitting target, nothing.

Not once.

And yes, EVERYTHING is turned on in the app and phone itself (double-checked it.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back