Bull BFG auger motor in the RT-700. It's awesome!

As usual, Im late to the party on this. Are there any sources for the auger upgrade motor right now? I see Smokedaddy is sold out and not surprisingly Recteq is giving their customers the shaft.

Screw it. Ordered

1630072841800.png

I missed a sale 😞

Didn't catch that first! I'm sure yours will sell no issue. Do you have extras or decide to put stock back?
If I do any more tinkering it will be with the 2.5 motor.
I'm in a good position. One grill is for high temps and the other for smoking. I still have the 3 RPM in the 680.

If I do any more tinkering it will be with the 2.5 motor.
I'm in a good position. One grill is for high temps and the other for smoking. I still have the 3 RPM in the 680.

Really waiting to see 2.5 results myself.. have been on the sidelines since it really is not necessary for me but if the 2.5 really dials things in might have to consider.

Really waiting to see 2.5 results myself.. have been on the sidelines since it really is not necessary for me but if the 2.5 really dials things in might have to consider.
IMHO the 3 RPM is great for anything above 250 degrees. Below 250 play with the MFR and cross your fingers.

I figure what the hell, I can always put the old one back in. I havent disassembled my 700 so Im not real sure what Im in for but Im not scared of stuff like this.

I do a lot at LOW so the 2.5 may end up being the ticket.

All my stuff gets deleted off RT's official Facebook page so Ill probably be here complaining a lot. LOL

I figure what the hell, I can always put the old one back in. I havent disassembled my 700 so Im not real sure what Im in for but Im not scared of stuff like this.

All you can do is try. After you do the first motor the second is a breeze.

Please keep us posted. I'm interested in long term 200 degree smoking results.

All my stuff gets deleted off RT's official Facebook page so Ill probably be here complaining a lot. LOL

Glad to have you here.. comments of this sort are desired!! ;)

Glad to have you here.. comments of this sort are desired!! ;)
Every single experience Ive had with RT customer service has been awful. They sold me the wrong thing 3 times, never offered to take the old ones back. Finally they sent me the right thing and acted like they were doing me a favor even tho I paid like 3x what the part I really wanted cost.

The handles on my RT700 had messed up threads. No offer to send replacements. I had to tap them myself and fix them that way.

Bulb blew on my 700 within the first 3 weeks of having it. I realize its JUST a bulb but they woudnt tell me specifically which one to order and the closest place I can get stuff like that is an hour round trip. Finally got them to send me a bulb and you would think it was gold plated as much as I had to beg.

Dont get me wrong. I love the grills. I just see all these fanbois act like RT can do no wrong and my experience has been different.

Id love to have the new controller since it handles 5Ghz finally. It took me an entire weekend to rebuild my network JUST to accommodate 2.4ghz as a separate network. Broke all my IoT stuff and I had to redo SO much stuff.

Every single experience Ive had with RT customer service has been awful. They sold me the wrong thing 3 times, never offered to take the old ones back. Finally they sent me the right thing and acted like they were doing me a favor even tho I paid like 3x what the part I really wanted cost.

The handles on my RT700 had messed up threads. No offer to send replacements. I had to tap them myself and fix them that way.

Bulb blew on my 700 within the first 3 weeks of having it. I realize its JUST a bulb but they woudnt tell me specifically which one to order and the closest place I can get stuff like that is an hour round trip. Finally got them to send me a bulb and you would think it was gold plated as much as I had to beg.

Dont get me wrong. I love the grills. I just see all these fanbois act like RT can do no wrong and my experience has been different.

Id love to have the new controller since it handles 5Ghz finally. It took me an entire weekend to rebuild my network JUST to accommodate 2.4ghz as a separate network. Broke all my IoT stuff and I had to redo SO much stuff.
Things have changed significantly with RT over the past few months, not in a good way either.

I hear ya.. Recteq are certainly not bonding with customers lately.. the sheer fact they will not sell 1250 parts to those unless they purchased it is a negative for me. I have seen others support RecTeq in various ways but the bottom line is they are greedy and only concerned with their bottom line.

I had a recent exchange with support on an issue I was having and they tried to poke at the fact I may have made adjustments and what I was seeing is normal. Completely blowing off my concerns there are issues with the function. I never touched any settings to date so the accusations were unwarranted and I have no history of purchasing a part not for my 700 such as the BFG motor. I think they are trying to nail anyone now that has purchased that if they have issues with their 590/700.

In short.. I could not recommend them without disclosing this information to friends or family. I would want to know if I were on the other side this company does not support upgrades and only want to sell new grills. That is not being in the same boat as those that support them. Very one sided.

Cheers to making the existing units better without RecTeq in any way.. I think that 2.5 is the ticket.

I hear ya.. Recteq are certainly not bonding with customers lately.. the sheer fact they will not sell 1250 parts to those unless they purchased it is a negative for me. I have seen others support RecTeq in various ways but the bottom line is they are greedy and only concerned with their bottom line.

I had a recent exchange with support on an issue I was having and they tried to poke at the fact I may have made adjustments and what I was seeing is normal. Completely blowing off my concerns there are issues with the function. I never touched any settings to date so the accusations were unwarranted and I have no history of purchasing a part not for my 700 such as the BFG motor. I think they are trying to nail anyone now that has purchased that if they have issues with their 590/700.

In short.. I could not recommend them without disclosing this information to friends or family. I would want to know if I were on the other side this company does not support upgrades and only want to sell new grills. That is not being in the same boat as those that support them. Very one sided.

Cheers to making the existing units better without RecTeq in any way.. I think that 2.5 is the ticket.
We shall see. I should be able to put it in next week provided they ship it promptly.

Seeing the post about CS is disturbing. I have had the Bull for almost 2 years and every interaction with CS has been stellar. Even when I called after I did them auger mod and told them I did the mod, they did not hesitate to send me a new controller with updated firmware.
I wonder what has changed. The CS was a major selling point over the competition.

i have had to use customer service a few times and its always been positive aswell. they actually specifically wanted my feedback on the 3rpm auger motor in the 700. hopefully they don’t change there ways.

I was having issues since day one getting my 590 up to 500 degrees could take 45-55 minutes. If it was windy, good luck. Replaced the auger and I can now get it to 500 degrees in about 15 minutes. Also it maintains the heat better when you open the door. The only thing I notice it that if kept on full it will reach 600 degrees, so I always back it off once it hits about 550 degrees.

Anyways now I have the best of both worlds, excellent as a smoker and a grill.

Also using a lot less pellets getting up to temp.

Best Greg

Thank you Chadinsc for your work starting this. I pulled the trigger and ordered a 3 rpm auger from USA manufacturer. I hope it fits, but suspect it'll be fine. Pricy, but if I get same results as you all it's well worth it to me. A few swings in temp will still be better than my old pit boss.

Edit
DOESN'T FIT

https://gleasonavery.com/product/auger-drive-gearmotor-a903/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829-171358_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-171358_Samsung Internet.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20210829-171346_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-171346_Samsung Internet.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back