Bull BFG auger motor in the RT-700. It's awesome!

review submitted. we will see. i bet the have already noticed an increase, can’t imagine there are that many bfg grills out there.

Attachments

• 3397EEDB-B727-499D-BE69-A090468CB77C.png
    3397EEDB-B727-499D-BE69-A090468CB77C.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 120
I called in to purchase a BFG augur motor for the 700 along with a few other items. CS ask if I had a BFG and I said no I have a 700. He indicated others were doing the same but the boss said not to sell bfg auger motors unless the customer had a bfg. He told me to order it on line which I did. A little strange.

I called in to purchase a BFG augur motor for the 700 along with a few other items. CS ask if I had a BFG and I said no I have a 700. He indicated others were doing the same but the boss said not to sell bfg auger motors unless the customer had a bfg. He told me to order it on line which I did. A little strange.

thats alittle odd. glad you got one. looking forward to some more people’s results
They might be having a run on BFG motors and hoping to manage their supply. Their website doesn't check what you own (for now) so he offered a loophole.

I expected that might happen. recteq used to sell the Matador pan separately, until a lot of people started ordering them for use on a Bullseye. Now if you want a Matador pan, you must buy a Matador.

The good thing is there are other options out there for motors if they try to shut this down. Not like the controller. Might consider that route to avoid any warranty concerns myself if I decide on doing this ever. Still on the fence.

I guess we will see. Just placed my order, added a few accessories so maybe they will still send the upgrade motor 😊

i wouldn’t expect a warranty problem. they absolutely knew what i was going to do with the motor. i still haven’t given them my feedback but will. i ordered mine over the phone. but i would bet there have been alot of non members that have read this and ordered them also.

The good thing is there are other options out there for motors if they try to shut this down. Not like the controller. Might consider that route to avoid any warranty concerns myself if I decide on doing this ever. Still on the fence.
I don’t think warranty issues will be a problem. When they sent me the wrong motor and I had to call to get it straightened out I told the customer service guy what I was doing and he didn’t say it would affect my warranty if I did that. Now that I think of it I hope my conversation with them didn’t prompt the freeze on them.

Smoke daddy sells the motors as well , they also have a nice brace for the motor , check it out on their site

Smoke daddy sells the motors as well , they also have a nice brace for the motor , check it out on their site
I saw that the other day. I liked the idea of that bracket, just not sure how the RecTeq motor mounts up because I have never looked at mine. Wondering if there is room for it? I do like that they are made in the USA!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back