Stampede Amazing No Wrap Ribs

baby-back-michael-scott.gif

Guess some of us like a kiss of smoke, others prefer eating smoke?
Spot on! Everyone has their own preference. That doesn’t make any one of them bad; just different. Learn what you like and learn how to create it. You can do “kiss” to “eating smoke” on a pellet grill; the trick is learning how. YMMV

Has anyone noticed if the ribs are drier or less tender when skipping foil?

I've done quite a few both ways. It's a bit of a toss up as to which I like better. But each has its upside.

I find that to get to that very tender "wipe clean off the bone" doneness that my wife wants, the ribs are on the dry side as compared to foiling them after the bark sets. The bark and smokiness of no-wrap ribs is really great, but the moistness of the wrapped ribs just can't be brushed aside either.

I've done quite a few both ways. It's a bit of a toss up as to which I like better. But each has its upside.

I find that to get to that very tender "wipe clean off the bone" doneness that my wife wants, the ribs are on the dry side as compared to foiling them after the bark sets. The bark and smokiness of no-wrap ribs is really great, but the moistness of the wrapped ribs just can't be brushed aside either.
That's what I seem to recall from the 1 time I tried no foil, but that was a good while ago.

Us Pellet Guys need all the Smoke we can "Mustard" :rolleyes:
Binders tend to lessen the Smoke penetration into your Meat, so we've always avoided them
If your "Rub" isn't sticking, spritz the Meat with your ACV and W
Just my $0.02
Now my $0.02.
My comment was regarding flavor after the cook. It was a comparison of spritzing different colas or juices. Never said to actually use mustard.

Last edited:
Made my first cook yesterday and we went with a No wrap rib recipe. It was not mine but one I found from someone I follow on Instagram. I was supposed to used Meat Church Voodoo and Honey Hog but I just used Honey Hog due to who I was cooking for. So I hit it up with that, let it set like 15 - 20 minutes. The I got 3 racks on the 590. I must have done it wrong because I can only fit 3 racks. Maybe these where big, who knows. Smoked these for 4 hours at 225 degrees spritzing every 30 minutes with Cherry Dr Pepper. Then I kicked it up to 275 until my instant read was at 200. They where perfect. Moist and tacky but no actual sauce.

Next time I do ribs I’ll try the wrap method but I love the results I got. This is my first time doing all this. Tonight is brats! Here are some pics we took! They may be out of order when you look at them. The stacked photo was not as cool as I wanted, 1 rack is hidden. Oh well.

Have fun everyone!!

View attachment 17393

View attachment 17394

View attachment 17395

View attachment 17396
When I got 6 racks on my 590 they ran parallel with the grate Bars. It was tight but once they started to dehydrate and cook they loosened up to allow some space. They look beautiful!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back