590 or 700 - Especially for Ribs

@GuitarKidd i’ve done 6 racks of St. Louis ribs a few times when the neighbors would like some. It’s tight but works fine. I haven’t had any complaints when I’ve done them.
84DF8DB3-9332-4007-B894-1A55A768F1A8.jpeg

@GuitarKidd i’ve done 6 racks of St. Louis ribs a few times when the neighbors would like some. It’s tight but works fine. I haven’t had any complaints when I’ve done them.View attachment 8904
This is exactly what I was looking to see. And for all the replies, thank you.
As for the BGE, it is staying! I have the newest rack system that allows you to drop steaks really close to the lump charcoal. IMO, I just can't see a steak turning out on the RecTec the same way as searing a steak against those coals.

But I think this has helped make my decision! Let me ask another question. Will probably be pulling the trigger in the next month (after we finish our kitchen and living room remodel). Are their any annual sales that I should anticipate?

Thanks again!

As for the BGE, it is staying! I have the newest rack system that allows you to drop steaks really close to the lump charcoal. IMO, I just can't see a steak turning out on the RecTec the same way as searing a steak against those coals.
I seared steaks that way for many years, using the Ceramic Grill Store BGE Spyder and cast iron grate. BGE just copied many (most) of the innovations that CGS brought to cooking on the Egg. Regardless, the recteq stuff, especially the Bullseye, can cook a pretty mean steak that can hold It’s own against any grill. I’ve clocked my Bullseye with an IR thermometer at 940* on the GrillGrates. I know of at least one Bullseye/GrillGrates combo that will be used (by Sugars BBQ) in the Steak Cookoff Association (dominated by PK Grills) World Championships in Texas this weekend.

Are their any annual sales that I should anticipate?
Nope. recteq offers bundles from time-to-time with savings, usually pellets, but for the most part doesn’t discount the grills. They’ve got a $100 discount on the Wyldside going on now, and I think that’s the only time I’ve seen a reduction in the selling price of of one of their grills.

First thing you discover is that the grill space is only as big as the drip tray. I run them diagonal. 3 a comfortable, 4 would fit without hanging over past the drip tray, the RecTeq second shelf will hold 2 more. View attachment 8899
I do them the same way. I buy my ribs at Costco and as most of you know they come in three packs. So it works out perfect. We really never entertain so we always have two racks as leftovers for the freezer. Again, perfect for us.

I’m guessing that table assumes you are using the optional extra shelf. There is no way I’m fitting 3 racks of BB ribs on my 340 without it.

I love my 590 but it is mainly just my wife and I that we cook for. Although it has enough space for a small group. In your case, I would go with the 700 I think it would be worth the extra money for your family

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back