Help me make up my damn mind... RT 700 or the 590?

davidr2340

So... I'm on the fence. It's just my wife and I and our new daughter. We occasionally cook for friends, but only like 2-4 people.

I'm about 75% convinced on the 700 for only $300 more... Anyways, thanks for taking the time! I look forward to being a part of the kick ass forum regardless of which one I choose.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

So... I'm on the fence. It's just my wife and I and our new daughter. We occasionally cook for friends, but only like 2-4 people.

I'm about 75% convinced on the 700 for only $300 more... Anyways, thanks for taking the time! I look forward to being a part of the kick ass forum regardless of which one I choose.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF
I would say as a proud owner of a 590, get the 700 if the 300 bucks isn’t an issue. Or you could save that 300 for more beer later. Lol.

I live alone and initially ordered the 590 and called back the next day to switch to a 700 and I am so glad I did. There is nothing more frustrating than needing more space after you just spent a pretty penny on a smoker. Plus you get the extra 2 years of warranty and the auger tube is half the length of the 590 so in the instance you do get some moisture in your auger and it locks up, it will be easier to break free. Like I mentioned before, I live alone and fill it often. Once you start putting pans in there your space gets eaten up pretty quick! Buy once cry once and get the 700! You'll be glad you did!

all recteq grill are built well and will last for years. no wrong choice but my buddy lives alone and has a 590. he has had it about 3 months and regrets not getting the 700. he has really gotten into baking desserts and large pan foods which takes alot of room. i would recommend the 700 if your already thinking about it

Happy Hour Drinking GIF
IMHO, first step would be getting off the fence. They're sharp and can make decision making most difficult.

fences.jpg

Oooops, please pardon my piss poor manners. Welcome to the forum (y)

MORE grill is always better than not enough, IMHO. I know for me, there are times that I will smoke a few things with the intention of vac sealing some of it for a later day.

That being said, when my kids, and their kids come over, I need the extra space to cook enough burgers, etc. at ONE time as opposed to having to do it in shifts.

I’ve had my 700 since October. I was torn in the same way. I have a family of 4 and due to damn Covid don’t have anyone over. That being said, I never once thought “ this is too big of a smoker. I should have went wit the smaller one”. We Love it. If you can handle the $300 extra do it. You will not regret it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back