Bull Turned a 590 into a 700!

I went through an ordeal with my 700. I posted a pretty long story about how it was lost and showed up 3 4 or 5 months later via UPS ground truck pushed out onto my driveway. RT told me they had already wrote it off as a UPS claim so kept it since UPS never came back to pick it up.

However, as someone who ships a lot of stuff it really gets me upset when people leave me a 1 star review or come after me because USPS lost a package, USPS damaged a package, or the tracking says "In Transit, Arriving Late". Sellers do their best to pack stuff and deliver it on time, but from the second it leaves my door to it arrives at the customers door I have 0 control over the quality of handling of the package and the path it takes to the destination. Yes, I usually have to just eat the cost to replace a lost/damaged item but I do that because that's what I'm supposed to do - get the customer what they ordered. I don't think trying to ask me for free stuff would be right, I'll give people free stuff if it's my idea and/or for the courteous customer who's understanding of the situation.

I guess my opinion is RT should have replaced it with a 590 and if you were courteous about the situation maybe throw in a folding shelf or grill cover for your inconvenience.

No grudges held and welcome to the club/forum. You'll love the 700.

Last edited:
I went through an ordeal with my 700. I posted a pretty long story about how it was lost and showed up 3 4 or 5 months later via UPS ground truck pushed out onto my driveway. RT told me they had already wrote it off as a UPS claim so they I kept it since UPS never came back to pick it up.

However, as someone who ships a lot of stuff it really gets me upset when people leave me a 1 star review or come after me because USPS lost a package, USPS damaged a package, or the tracking says "In Transit, Arriving Late". Sellers do their best to pack stuff and deliver it on time, but from the second it leaves my door to it arrives at the customers door I have 0 control over the quality of handling of the package and the path it takes to the destination. Yes, I usually have to just eat the cost to replace a lost/damaged item but I do that because that's what I'm supposed to do - get the customer what they ordered. I don't think trying to ask me for free stuff would be right, I'll give people free stuff if it's my idea and/or for the courteous customer who's understanding of the situation.

I guess my opinion is RT should have replaced it with a 590 and if you were courteous about the situation maybe throw in a folding shelf or grill cover for your inconvenience.

No grudges held and welcome to the club/forum. You'll love the 700.
I didn't leave them a 1 star review. I have not left them a review at all yet. I will wait till I put the 700 through it's paces before I review. In fact my review mat be a bit biased in their favor due to the outstanding customer service I received. I'm really impressed with their customer service as I stated before. They were great working with me. In fact my first offer to them was to have someone pick it up and refund my money entirely. They wanted to do whatever they could do to keep me as a customer. This is what we settled on. Kudos to RT. And of course, no grudges...Thanks for the welcome.

Hey, I can understand the cost of taking extra days off to deal with deliveries .... or the lack there of !
True, it's not the fault of RT, but they chose the Freight Company
They'll file their claim, receive their settlement and be done with it .... I'm sure it's a weekly dance they do
I've been in that line of work (trucking) for over forty years, and you DON'T want to know my opinion of most LTL Freight outfits :mad:

Hey, I can understand the cost of taking extra days off to deal with deliveries .... or the lack there of !
True, it's not the fault of RT, but they chose the Freight Company
They'll file their claim, receive their settlement and be done with it .... I'm sure it's a weekly dance they do
I've been in that line of work (trucking) for over forty years, and you DON'T want to know my opinion of most LTL Freight outfits :mad:
Lol. I did warehouse work for several years before moving to law enforcement. As I recall the folks loading/unloading trucks don’t take the best care in handling. It was all about moving product to meet production goal. Damaging freight was the least of our worries😂

I had some challenges with my 700 as well as my smoke box and comp cart. They offered me a bunch of free stuff and I declined as I know what the cost of business is and every little bit counts. Tess made all of the necessary moves to fix my challenges. I wanted no more and no less. They are not responsible for my time and how schedule it. Stuff happens and it wasn't intentional.

Everyone deals with adversity differently. To each his or her (or in between) own. If your happy with how you managed the situation, then you have struck a chord of success.

I really like my grill as well as the company. Smoked fish is what's for dinner tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back